Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Can someone help me explain this

Please catch the virus and die.

Anon
Please catch the virus and die.
Already had it. Was sick for a week. Then felt fine. Kids were fine too.

I see someone woke-up this morning to a fancy new silly-season meme on their facebook feed!

You idiots get spoon fed social media nonsense, then you want to act like you did some serious research. Fact check your nonsense dummy. It took me all of 15 seconds to fact check your cherry picked misinformation.

https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-factcheck-death-count-stable/partly-false-claim-overall-u-s-death-count-remains-stable-versus-previous-years-hinting-covid-19-not-as-deadly-as-feared-idUSKBN22Q2MT

Lazy
I see someone woke-up this morning to a fancy new silly-season meme on their facebook feed!

You idiots get spoon fed social media nonsense, then you want to act like you did some serious research. Fact check your nonsense dummy. It took me all of 15 seconds to fact check your cherry picked misinformation.

https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-factcheck-death-count-stable/partly-false-claim-overall-u-s-death-count-remains-stable-versus-previous-years-hinting-covid-19-not-as-deadly-as-feared-idUSKBN22Q2MT
I’m lazy ?

Your “research” turned up an article that is 7 months old. That certainly didn’t age well. Thanks for making my point.

Anon
Lazy

I’m lazy ?

Your “research” turned up an article that is 7 months old. That certainly didn’t age well. Thanks for making my point.
That does not make the overall premise wrong. Plus the article was updated in September as these social media memes are being regurgitated over and over again.

So yea. Go back to daytime drinking....

https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-factcheck-death-rates/fact-check-annual-deaths-data-does-not-show-2020-as-having-one-of-the-lowest-rates-in-recent-years-idUSKCN26D0YP

OP is correct. The number of deaths in the US by month are showing no significant increase from 2019 or 2018 to the current year. The same amount of people are passing away as in years past. This virus is not killing people the way media is portraying. Unfortunately, it still needs to be taken very seriously due to the elderly and immune compromised as well as the unknown long term effects (which could ultimately be the most deadly part of this virus).

Not to mention we are only 9.5 months into the year. The virus didn’t start to arrive in the US until March and we were in lockdown for 3 months. Plus people are still taking precautions and social distancing (even if their Facebook meme-er of choice has convinced them it’s a hoax). Not really apples to apples.

Anonnny
Not to mention we are only 9.5 months into the year. The virus didn’t start to arrive in the US until March and we were in lockdown for 3 months. Plus people are still taking precautions and social distancing (even if their Facebook meme-er of choice has convinced them it’s a hoax). Not really apples to apples.
So you agree that nobody is dying from COVID in the 2020 ?

Anon
Anonnny
So you agree that nobody is dying from COVID in the 2020 ?
I think the point being made is, the death rate purely from COVID isn't greater than the death rate from past flus and viruses.

An individual that contracts a virus - any virus - with underlying health conditions can become a serious condition that can be fatal. The contagiousness of this virus is definitely an issue, particularly when it is introduced into long-term and elder care facilities.

But, not, the death rate among otherwise healthy people contracting COVID hasn't been reported as causing any increase in death rates.

No I am saying that the excess death stat quoted is incomplete and misleading and has little to no bearing on what steps we as a society should be taking to manage this disease.

Behavior modifications may have skewed results.

People being cautious = Less people traveling, vacationing, or risk taking
Less people traveling, vacationing or risk taking = Less accidents and people in harms way
Less people in harms way = Lower mortality rate.

More people wearing masks and distancing = Less people getting diseases like influenza.
Less people getting diseases like influenza = Lower mortality rate.

Our virus was here mid dec/early jan.We infected 2 teams in Ct 7-8 players from each that was diagnosed as ''flu like'' symptoms.

Dr's diagnosed they had respiratory breathing issues and told them stay away for a week....

Sincerely

The commie flu

China Asshoe

MHGA - Make Hockey Great Again
You would surely think, especially with post after post on here about how hockey is getting shut down and for good reason because this is a scary deadly virus, and the media narrative we are being fed; that the US would have at a minimum 200k plus deaths more than years without COVID right.

Nope. Death rate has not changed and the same amount of people are going to die in 2020 as have died in 2019, 18, 17, 16, 15.

How do you explain that.

I’ll wait for the people to chime in about long lasting health issues and millions will die over the next few years due to contracting the virus in 2020.

But me personally. I expected to see a huge spike in deaths for 2020.

With any luck, all of you wackos will move to Canada after November and another Trump win and your kids can play Single A hockey where they should have been all along.
Or, maybe, juuuuuust maybe, some of the precautions taken have had some effect on keeping death rates down. You are comparing previous years where none of the measures implemented now were in effect. That is how you explain it. It is that simple.

If you are having problems understanding, watch how the infection rates are starting to increase everywhere again, then let's check back on the death rates in a few months.

It would be great if the death rate truly was lower and this was a just a warmup for whatever next thing might come along.

If this thing really is "nothing" then we have shown how poorly our country and leadership have been in keeping it at bay and squashing it. How embarrassing is it that we can't beat a simple little virus and can't get people to buy into some basic decency and rule following? Isn't America a first world country, the greatest of them all, yet the most infected? That shouldn't be the case.

Anon
You would surely think, especially with post after post on here about how hockey is getting shut down and for good reason because this is a scary deadly virus, and the media narrative we are being fed; that the US would have at a minimum 200k plus deaths more than years without COVID right.

Nope. Death rate has not changed and the same amount of people are going to die in 2020 as have died in 2019, 18, 17, 16, 15.

How do you explain that.

I’ll wait for the people to chime in about long lasting health issues and millions will die over the next few years due to contracting the virus in 2020.

With any luck, all of you wackos will move to Canada after November and another Trump win and your kids can play Single A hockey where they should have been all along.
Or, maybe, juuuuuust maybe, some of the precautions taken have had some effect on keeping death rates down. You are comparing previous years where none of the measures implemented now were in effect. That is how you explain it. It is that simple.

If you are having problems understanding, watch how the infection rates are starting to increase everywhere again, then let's check back on the death rates in a few months.

It would be great if the death rate truly was lower and this was a just a warmup for whatever next thing might come along.

If this thing really is "nothing" then we have shown how poorly our country and leadership have been in keeping it at bay and squashing it. How embarrassing is it that we can't beat a simple little virus and can't get people to buy into some basic decency and rule following? Isn't America a first world country, the greatest of them all, yet the most infected? That shouldn't be the case.
Or maybe juuuuuust maybe people with underlying issues realized that they can’t be out and about as much. Who gives a flying f if college kids are getting it they will be fine. Lock grandma and grandpa down and move on. Thought this was land of the free not land of the sheep

Anon
Anon

How do you explain that.

If you are having problems understanding, watch how the infection rates are starting to increase everywhere again, then let\'s check back on the death rates in a few months.

If this thing really is \"nothing\" then we have shown how poorly our country and leadership have been in keeping it at bay and squashing it. How embarrassing is it that we can\'t beat a simple little virus and can\'t get people to buy into some basic decency and rule following? Isn\'t America a first world country, the greatest of them all, yet the most infected? That shouldn\'t be the case.
Or maybe juuuuuust maybe people with underlying issues realized that they can’t be out and about as much. Who gives a flying f if college kids are getting it they will be fine. Lock grandma and grandpa down and move on. Thought this was land of the free not land of the sheep
I will be sure to take your expert medical advice and just roll with it.

If you were paying attention, New Hampshire locked hockey down. If the land of "Live Free or Die" is willing to take a pause, maybe, juuuuuust maybe, there is a problem. It is the land of the sheep and you are one, you're just too stupid to realize it.

Schools got locked down, businesses got locked down, parks got locked down, museums got locked down, flying got locked, down, all kinds of stuff got locked down, not just "people with underlying issues realized that they can’t be out and about as much".

I'm going to yell at you to put in more effort, same way your coach yells at your bender to stop floating around with his stick in the air.

Anon
Anon
Anon

How do you explain that.

If you are having problems understanding, watch how the infection rates are starting to increase everywhere again, then let\\\'s check back on the death rates in a few months.

If this thing really is \\\"nothing\\\" then we have shown how poorly our country and leadership have been in keeping it at bay and squashing it. How embarrassing is it that we can\\\'t beat a simple little virus and can\\\'t get people to buy into some basic decency and rule following? Isn\\\'t America a first world country, the greatest of them all, yet the most infected? That shouldn\\\'t be the case.

If you were paying attention, New Hampshire locked hockey down. If the land of "Live Free or Die" is willing to take a pause, maybe, juuuuuust maybe, there is a problem. It is the land of the sheep and you are one, you're just too stupid to realize it.

Schools got locked down, businesses got locked down, parks got locked down, museums got locked down, flying got locked, down, all kinds of stuff got locked down, not just "people with underlying issues realized that they can’t be out and about as much".

I'm going to yell at you to put in more effort, same way your coach yells at your bender to stop floating around with his stick in the air.
The lockdowns did wonders. Fantastic we’ve slowed the virus but suicide is up, physical abusers are having a field day, businesses getting destroyed and people losing their livelihoods. Great job!! Let’s keep closing everything down over a cold

Anon
Anon
Anon
Anon

How do you explain that.

If you are having problems understanding, watch how the infection rates are starting to increase everywhere again, then let\\\\\\\'s check back on the death rates in a few months.

If this thing really is \\\\\\\"nothing\\\\\\\" then we have shown how poorly our country and leadership have been in keeping it at bay and squashing it. How embarrassing is it that we can\\\\\\\'t beat a simple little virus and can\\\\\\\'t get people to buy into some basic decency and rule following? Isn\\\\\\\'t America a first world country, the greatest of them all, yet the most infected? That shouldn\\\\\\\'t be the case.

If you were paying attention, New Hampshire locked hockey down. If the land of \"Live Free or Die\" is willing to take a pause, maybe, juuuuuust maybe, there is a problem. It is the land of the sheep and you are one, you\'re just too stupid to realize it.

Schools got locked down, businesses got locked down, parks got locked down, museums got locked down, flying got locked, down, all kinds of stuff got locked down, not just \"people with underlying issues realized that they can’t be out and about as much\".

I\'m going to yell at you to put in more effort, same way your coach yells at your bender to stop floating around with his stick in the air.
The lockdowns did wonders. Fantastic we’ve slowed the virus but suicide is up, physical abusers are having a field day, businesses getting destroyed and people losing their livelihoods. Great job!! Let’s keep closing everything down over a cold
Cite your sources on the correlations between government restrictions and the increase in suicide and domestic abuse. What? Can't hear you. Say that again?

That's right. There are none.

Anon
Anon
Anon
Anon
Anon

How do you explain that.

If you are having problems understanding, watch how the infection rates are starting to increase everywhere again, then let\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s check back on the death rates in a few months.

If this thing really is \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"nothing\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\" then we have shown how poorly our country and leadership have been in keeping it at bay and squashing it. How embarrassing is it that we can\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t beat a simple little virus and can\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t get people to buy into some basic decency and rule following? Isn\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t America a first world country, the greatest of them all, yet the most infected? That shouldn\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t be the case.

If you were paying attention, New Hampshire locked hockey down. If the land of \\\"Live Free or Die\\\" is willing to take a pause, maybe, juuuuuust maybe, there is a problem. It is the land of the sheep and you are one, you\\\'re just too stupid to realize it.

Schools got locked down, businesses got locked down, parks got locked down, museums got locked down, flying got locked, down, all kinds of stuff got locked down, not just \\\"people with underlying issues realized that they can’t be out and about as much\\\".

I\\\'m going to yell at you to put in more effort, same way your coach yells at your bender to stop floating around with his stick in the air.
Cite your sources on the correlations between government restrictions and the increase in suicide and domestic abuse. What? Can't hear you. Say that again?

That's right. There are none.
https://abc7news.com/suicide-covid-19-coronavirus-rates-during-pandemic-death-by/6201962/
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/micaelaburrow/2020/07/28/redfield-says-more-abovebase-suicides-than-covid-deaths-n2573278
https://www.westernjournal.com/number-people-seriously-considering-suicide-hits-disturbing-new-milestone-amid-lockdowns/

https://www.webmd.com/lung/news/20200818/radiology-study-suggests-horrifying-rise-in-domestic-violence-during-pandemic

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jackieabramian/2020/07/22/the-covid-19-pandemic-has-escalated-global-domestic-violence/#22aa9aa2173e
Keep living in a fantasy land you d!ckhead

You are a mental midget now go home and stay there till spring.

US Corona deaths of kids between 4 and 15 since February:

**** is real

Number of deaths in US in 2020 vs average of 5 previous years is roughly 275k higher.

Anon
Number of deaths in US in 2020 vs average of 5 previous years is roughly 275k higher.
Weird. Where did you get that number? I’m looking at 3 different sites and do not see anything that suggest what you’re saying

This is as of Sept 1. Only days over 200000 excess deaths in 2020

https://hub.jhu.edu/2020/09/01/comorbidities-and-coronavirus-deaths-cdc/

Anon

**** is real
Ok.. so the same number as were killed in bicycle accidents during that same time frame.

Oh yea.. **** is real ...lol

Get a grip people !

Anon
Anon

**** is real
Ok.. so the same number as were killed in bicycle accidents during that same time frame.

Get a grip people !
Which is equally tragic.

Kids dying is no joke. Anyone that thinks there's zero risk to kids is fooling themselves.

Just like the guy earlier that suggested the risk of heart complication is somehow different for HS kids and college kids.

I'm NOT saying everyone should huddle in their basement. I'm saying, take the necessary precautions, even if it's inconvenient or inconsistent.

And if your kid contracts the virus, take it seriously. If he's a competitive athlete, get an EKG before letting him return to game play, At any age.

Anon
Anon
Anon

**** is real

Get a grip people !
Which is equally tragic.

Kids dying is no joke. Anyone that thinks there's zero risk to kids is fooling themselves.

Just like the guy earlier that suggested the risk of heart complication is somehow different for HS kids and college kids.

I'm NOT saying everyone should huddle in their basement. I'm saying, take the necessary precautions, even if it's inconvenient or inconsistent.

And if your kid contracts the virus, take it seriously. If he's a competitive athlete, get an EKG before letting him return to game play, At any age.
Yes, it is equally tragic, kids should not die. But they do.

The point of the comparison to bike accidents is to demonstrate that nobody is banning kids that age from riding bicycles you tool.

Anon
Anon
Anon

**** is real

Get a grip people !
Which is equally tragic.

The EKG stuff is from the Rodman thread. Nice to see you're working 2 threads with this crap. Get off the interwebs lady.

Anon
Anon

**** is real

Get a grip people !
You don't catch another bicycle accident when you crash your bike ya hayseed.

Anon
Anon
Anon

**** is real

Get a grip people !
You don't catch another bicycle accident when you crash your bike ya hayseed.
Ya, and most people don't die when they crash their bicycle, yet the numbers of kids dying from COVID is the same as kids dying from bicycle accidents. whats your point ?

Anon
Anon

**** is real

Get a grip people !
wow.just wow.

Anon
Anon

**** is real

Get a grip people !
I was being sarcastic.

Anon

**** is real
Number of kids killed last year on way to/from school was 68 so.....should we just home school universally until such time as transit to and from school doesn't take another child ever? Serious question.

How do you explain that.

https://apnews.com/article/a8e3244c77bcaf31efc826bbbe4a9d19

How do you explain that.

Less people on the road and less fatal accidents stupid face!

300000 excess deaths in 2020

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.washingtonpost.com/health/coronavirus-excess-deaths/2020/10/20/1e1d77c6-12e1-11eb-ba42-ec6a580836ed_story.html%3foutputType=amp

Anon

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.washingtonpost.com/health/coronavirus-excess-deaths/2020/10/20/1e1d77c6-12e1-11eb-ba42-ec6a580836ed_story.html%3foutputType=amp
coronavirus has caused nearly 300,000 more deaths than expected, but only 2/3 of those are from covid-19. soooooo, how are the other 1/3 relevant to that count? i think thats all you need to read to understand how stupid and purposely misleading that article is.

since start of february:
203,000 deaths from covid-19

207,000 death from pnuemonia

6,700 from flu.

the other misleading part is, this is excess deaths, meaning beyond the predicted threshold. since we didnt know about covid-19, it wasnt predicted. doesnt mean its the black death, just a new strain of a virus thats been around for a long time.

so much of the crying over this.

anon
Anon

coronavirus has caused nearly 300,000 more deaths than expected, but only 2/3 of those are from covid-19. soooooo, how are the other 1/3 relevant to that count? i think thats all you need to read to understand how stupid and purposely misleading that article is.

since start of february:

6,700 from flu.

the other misleading part is, this is excess deaths, meaning beyond the predicted threshold. since we didnt know about covid-19, it wasnt predicted. doesnt mean its the black death, just a new strain of a virus thats been around for a long time.

You should read back aloud to yourself what you just written.

I am literally speechless.

anon
anon
Anon

since start of february:

6,700 from flu.

You should read back aloud to yourself what you just written.

I am literally speechless.
which part confused you?

>You should read back aloud to yourself what you just written.

You should do the same.