Visit The DBoard Online Store - https://www.cafepress.com/icehockeydboard

Click Here to Visit Our Facebook Page

email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

Youth Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Elite 08 Kings

They are going to make the playoffs despite the Huskies and PHC not having enough games. Good luck JH....

Re: Elite 08 Kings

Haven’t sceane 08 play but not surprised the kings have produced prob more college and nhl players from league. 10 and 09;scrappy group.

Anon
Haven’t sceane 08 play but not surprised the kings have produced prob more college and nhl players from league. 10 and 09;scrappy group.
I think they were outscored something like 18-2 this weekend. But who's counting? It's all about long term development.

18 goals in 2 games
That’s not developing. That’s just sad. Opt out blame covid

Anon
18 goals in 2 games
That’s not developing. That’s just sad. Opt out blame covid
It was actually 20-2...few lucky bounces for the other teams.

The entire 08 division is a disaster, dare I use the E word to describe that group? Recruited teams versus glorified town teams? Who’s brain child was that? That division is the picture of what is wrong with Mass youth hockey. It can be argued that kids on either side of the talent pool are losing not gaining anything out of those games. Sad to see.

#sorryyourkidgotcut

Begs the question, is your kid better off in a Town environment or losing by 18 goals in 2 games just so Daddy can say my kid is Elite?

As for me, the 2 grand I saved is better in my pocket than in some bottom feeder org with a vision to the future that never comes.

Not all town programs are alike.

There is no one size fits all.

It's a shame what's happened to this Kings team. 3-4 years ago they were a top 10 MHR team and played all the top EHF teams competitively. Each year since then they've progressively gotten worse by losing players and by the players who stayed not developing. Not sure what happened because JH is a good coach from everything I've heard.

Anonymous
It's a shame what's happened to this Kings team. 3-4 years ago they were a top 10 MHR team and played all the top EHF teams competitively. Each year since then they've progressively gotten worse by losing players and by the players who stayed not developing. Not sure what happened because JH is a good coach from everything I've heard.
It has been a lot longer than 3 or 4 years. I think they had 1 elite team in the playoffs last season.

Bingo #THFL

Anon
#sorryyourkidgotcut
The lucky ones got cut.
Because if you didn't you stayed to long.
Stay away from superdud.
He's only there for his kid and nothing else.

Talent pool on the South Shore is contracting as the kids start growing in stature and hockey ability. It's not a Kings 08 issue, its demographics for all those club teams down south. Lots of kitties but not enough tigers. And what tigers are left they look for a bigger stage and poof, they are gone.

Eyes wide open
Anon
#sorryyourkidgotcut
The lucky ones got cut.
Because if you didn't you stayed to long.
Stay away from superdud.
He's only there for his kid and nothing else.
My son played for JH and i can say from personal experience that he is a good coach who cares about all of the kids on the team.

Sure you’re not referring to the 07’s with JB? Disaster is an understatement...

Not the coach but the system. Top 3-4 teams are recruiting top end talent from the lower placed teams with the thought of the Q. It is hard for those teams 5-9 to keep top talent who want to play for a team that can compete for a spot at the Q. The following year those super squad teams all fall apart and those kids all come back to closer to home.

#knobpolisher get out the Brasso

Did u hear the q is cancelled.

In the spirit of the season let's take up a collection for the 100's of scouts who now have to stay home because the Q was cancelled.

Oh, Dont worry 2008 Johnny Benders, even though your Q debut was shutdown, Daddy has his check book out for the summer showcases. Word has it the scouts will be fighting each other for your committment, lol

Anon
In the spirit of the season let's take up a collection for the 100's of scouts who now have to stay home because the Q was cancelled.

Oh, Dont worry 2008 Johnny Benders, even though your Q debut was shutdown, Daddy has his check book out for the summer showcases. Word has it the scouts will be fighting each other for your committment, lol
If you want to overhaul youth hockey start by eliminating the Brick then the Q...although something worse will probably take their place.