Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: 08 Boston Junior Eagles

This St. John poster on team trolling for info haha

Gunner
Might be a good fit for you if you answer yes to the below. Is your midwest bender accustom to underachieving? Is he in it for wins at any cost? Does he play for himself only? Will he feel constricted if he has to pass the puck? Team Skill development is not a priority? Doesn't mind warming the bench until the next new recruit shows up?

Our kid just joined BJE this year and I got this interesting observation: my kid was taught to pass the puck immediately and constantly. The two coaches kids play center but literally never pass. Combined they went from maybe 20% of the team's goals earlier in the season to well over half now. I was told by the coaches that our kid is developing nicely but I can't help but feel like he's just being used as a prop (and forechecking machine) to feed to puck to their boys.

The good news...it took you less than a season to realize that your coach’s prioritize your $$ over your sons skill development. The bad news...if you don’t have a new team all set for next year your $crewed.

And you get to travel and lose in other states not just Massachusetts

Not just the eagles, I think for club hockey you need to have coaches that are not daddy coaches. The team dynamics will be a lot different. There will be more of an equitable distribution of development, achievement, merit and team cohesiveness. That would mean it would cost a bit more, and demand for good coaches would be high. So probably not feasible.
It would definitely make sense at the bantam and higher level. When real hockey is starting to be played. Good daddy coaches out there, but there usually some issue.

Too many daddy coaches who don’t hold their own kids accountable as they would other kids

Jon Bender
The good news...it took you less than a season to realize that your coach’s prioritize your $$ over your sons skill development. The bad news...if you don’t have a new team all set for next year your $crewed.
The good news is that my kid is already invited back for next year. The bad news is at the current rate of development, I think my boy's going to be scoring negative goals by this time next year. At least he's getting really good at letting the coaches' kids go coast to coast?

Re: the other commenter's post about having non-daddy coaches. Do they even exist? We're new to the BJE family but I'm not aware of a single non-daddy coach. Maybe they exist at bantam or whatever level where the kids leave anyway? And having lurked on this website for a while, I used to laugh at the stereotypes about coaches kids. This past year definitely opened my eyes. Those kids are always first-on-the-ice and last-to-get-off, and they displace non-coach kids for pretty much all PK. I haven't piped up because my kid is just an average forward on the team, but it's pretty frustrating to see those 5-minute bench sessions when the coaches tell us that they just roll the lines.

My kid was on a team like that. He lost skills because he didn't need to compete. He was a cog and stopped trying because he would never get out over the 4 daddy coaches kids. We changed teams and he is 1,000 times better.

anon
Hello. Just moved to the area from Minnesota as my division was sold. My wife and I are looking for a team for our 13 year old son. He was on an Elite team in St. Paul, and we are looking for a similar program here. I was told by a work associate that the 08 Boston Junior Eagles was a strong program with good coaching. He mentioned that there may be one opening on the team next year, as one parent may no longer be able to financially afford to pay for their son. Any assistance in ths area would be greatly appreciated.
Just bring your personal recommendation letter from Gordon Bombay and video of little Johnny playing the point on the flying V.....all the assistance you need right there.

anon
Hello. Just moved to the area from Minnesota as my division was sold. My wife and I are looking for a team for our 13 year old son. He was on an Elite team in St. Paul, and we are looking for a similar program here. I was told by a work associate that the 08 Boston Junior Eagles was a strong program with good coaching. He mentioned that there may be one opening on the team next year, as one parent may no longer be able to financially afford to pay for their son. Any assistance in ths area would be greatly appreciated.
08 Eagles haven’t been doing so great lately. They got shellacked by Top Gun a couple of weeks ago 6-2. Not a pretty sight.

Anonymous
anon
08 Eagles haven’t been doing so great lately. They got shellacked by Top Gun a couple of weeks ago 6-2. Not a pretty sight.
They went 1-4 in Florida

1-5

Better not put scores in to MHR or they will drop out of top 10

Anon
Better not put scores in to MHR or they will drop out of top 10
They only put 2 in. They need to spread it out so they dont drop to quickly

When they warm up before a game and you look at the names on the back of the Jerseys it is impressive. But then the game starts and you are not as impressed. As a daddio on a mid level Fed team I am thinking they haven’t grown along with their reputations or they are underachieving or there is no incentive to go to another level. Maybe making the roster was their ultimate goal and it is coast city til D1.

My kid is working his little mind and body into a frenzy just trying to compete with them and a few years ago it wasn’t in the cards but he seems to be catching up to the Brick wizzes now. Maybe that is the definition of development?

Anon
When they warm up before a game and you look at the names on the back of the Jerseys it is impressive. But then the game starts and you are not as impressed. As a daddio on a mid level Fed team I am thinking they haven’t grown along with their reputations or they are underachieving or there is no incentive to go to another level. Maybe making the roster was their ultimate goal and it is coast city til D1.

My kid is working his little mind and body into a frenzy just trying to compete with them and a few years ago it wasn’t in the cards but he seems to be catching up to the Brick wizzes now. Maybe that is the definition of development?
Since you are calling out 12 year old kids, what’s your last name so we can all see how it should be done?

The chatter can be interpreted as not "calling out" 12 year olds but rather a reflection of an environment where motor skills, muscle memory and skating development at the youth level is secondary to team wins, rankings and parents ego's.

Alot smarter coach than me said, "marked development comes from a culture of self improvement, positive reinforcement and individual instruction, rather than competition".

JMHO, want my last name too?, lol

It’s the rare exception that the best 10, 11, 12 year olds are still the best players at 15 and older.

So keep focusing on skating and puck handling development and see who is the “best” at college/junior age level.

Who’s the “BEST” at Mite/Squirt/PeeWee is totally meaningless.

Anyone out there think that a college or junior recruiter wants to know a kids stats from when they were PeeWee?

If so, raise your hand. Then hit yourself in the head 10 times.

The proof is in the results, as it relates to advancement in skill. Just ask yourself, why is it these so called super teams are looking outside their league, I.E. the E9, for the next great thing, and not from their own tier level teams?

What's more interesting, is that some of the kids being considered today weren't even on the radar screen 3 years ago. Doesn't take a brain surgeon to see some system/orgs are giving these kids the opportunity to develop.

Try the ssk 08 elite, coach is an former nhl player and a real tool bag.

Chucky
Hi there Chucky!! How’s life in the trailer park? Did your wife run out of Twinkies yet?

you guys all sound like a bunch of jealous loosers !

Anonymous
Chucky
Hi there Chucky!! How’s life in the trailer park? Did your wife run out of Twinkies yet?
Not bad TH how was that Tootsie roll the basketball player gave you in college still enjoying the taste.

Couple of questions since you are from the area and then we can move on.

1. Did you vote for Ilan Omar?
2. Do you acknowledge that Gary Floyd died of a fentanyl overdose ?
3. Do you support Tou Thao?
4. What is your stance on fracking?
5. Was Mike modano better in Dallas?

Thanks in advance for answering!

Free Tou !

B-Radical

you are the biggest loser of them all!