Click Here to Visit Our Facebook Page

email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

Youth Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Time to move up?

Correct, not much you can do as a parent to change the trajectory of your child as a player. Sorry you wasted so much time and money on your bender to get to the same situation.

This last post is a fraud, a fake. A double agent. Impersonating someone on the D Board. What loser. Identify yourself! This was not from The HW.

Anon
Before y’all flame me, my bender is top scorer on a rainbow team with 1/3 of total team points. Based on that metric alone, is that enough to move him up? I know he could stay where he is but I want him to continue to develop. Thanks.
Based on how many goals he scores against weak competition? No. How he skates yes.

This is spot on, skating is the skill that matters most, you see so many benders who can shoot or dangle but are sloppy skaters, those are the kids that get exposed when they try to move up.

If your kid is competitive and is athletic and you provide tons of quality private skating instruction he will be able to make an elite team going into high school. But at that point why would it matter, by then your looking at prep or juniors in the future. And they sure as heck don't care where your bender played.

You can teach skating very difficult to teach hockey IQ. If he has the IQ move him up

Play for the coach not the level. Though being in the same boat I’d rather see my kid score 15 goals a season rather than 40. If you have a chance to play at a higher level especially if coaches are calling then you should.

Anon
Before y’all flame me, my bender is top scorer on a rainbow team with 1/3 of total team points. Based on that metric alone, is that enough to move him up? I know he could stay where he is but I want him to continue to develop. Thanks.
Play E9 so you can tell your buddies he plays elite. Then when HS comes, change sports so he doesn't get embarrassed for getting cut.

Yes, Dave it’s time to move my kid up.