Click Here to Visit Our Facebook Page

email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

Youth Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Lets talk spring and summer hockey!

If your bender hasn’t already been contacted then he is an add on for the elite players who said no. Stay by the phone and look at your emails, you will hear next month. My kid is already signed in for 5 events.

Your kid must be sooo good

SUbby
So who’s the hot program out their this off season that is going to take your player to tournaments and show them elite hockey? Who’s the program that is going to push your players development through the remaining 5 months to complete a full years worth of hockey? Just remember, nothing more beneficial than playing in tournament games at a premium cost. Mite, Squirt, PeeWee players need these games in the spring and summer so they can be prepared for the fall!
I could think of a lot of things that are much more beneficial for my kids hockey development than a bunch of tournaments. It’s also beneficial for them to play multiple sports and focus on signing up for hockey skills, power skating sessions and hockey camps. Filling your mite aged kids schedule up with a bunch of tournaments through out spring and summer is a waste of time.

Waste of time and money for any player under 12. Wait till 13-14 to start with extending the season.

Money grab

I say go to Brick series. Wasteeeeee alllll yourrrr timeeee and moneyyyy

Anon
I say go to Brick series. Wasteeeeee alllll yourrrr timeeee and moneyyyy
Sorry you're a broke hockey parent.
Perhaps rethinking your career choice should be in your summer plans.

If your kid is not signed with at least 2 teams and 8 tournaments for the off season...well your just a bad parent. How do you expect them to compete with the Canadians, Russians, Fins, Swedes and Ecuadorians?

It is true, most of the top Orgs have reached out to the "anchor" kids and the top goalies. Then they will fill in as needed. Get the checkbook out and keep the phone clear up to a week before the tourney.

Already booked for road trips to Pa, Md, Maine, Chowdacup, Fla, NH and the beat goes on.

Jon Bender
If your kid is not signed with at least 2 teams and 8 tournaments for the off season...well your just a bad parent. How do you expect them to compete with the Canadians, Russians, Fins, Swedes and Ecuadorians?
Ecuador Crack Pipes AAA is the team to be on this summer!

Look forward to playing the crack pipes, heard they are so fast they fly high. My Bender is playing for two teams, the couldawoodashoudofs and the wishuponastars. See you in Muskogee.

Just signed my kid up for the Salty Mushroom Caps Elite summer tourney team. Program Director is very clear in saying his program is not a money grab. If you’re looking for Elite exposure to extend your season you need to check them out

Anon
Look forward to playing the crack pipes, heard they are so fast they fly high. My Bender is playing for two teams, the couldawoodashoudofs and the wishuponastars. See you in Muskogee.
You realize this conversation is discussing little kids right? You have a squirt signed up for the USHL? Impressive. Someone is definitely wishing upon a star living vicariously through his kid.

Anon
Jon Bender
Ecuador Crack Pipes AAA is the team to be on this summer!
I wish Lowell was a better commute, I’d have my kid tryout.

Lots of mediocrity and losers running around the D-Board lately. If your kid lives and breathes hockey then don’t discourage. A bunch of salty dads in here wishing it was their kid was getting the invite. Enjoy the cape and lake osipee. Don’t drink too many Michelob ultra’s. I know they are “good” for your diabetes but they may interact with the metformin. Remember diet and exercise can reverse type 2 you slobs.

I thought some of the comedic material in this post was pretty funny. I guess some of the serious Daddios didn't see the humor.

B-Rad...the voice of mediocrity.

Salty Mushroom caps out of Marblehead?

Earlier this week I had a spring & summer tourney team director try to convince me to have my son commit to his team. His comments that really stuck were "You know my son was drafted right?" "I played Division 1, you know that right?" "You need to do these tournaments so your kid wont fall behind". My son is 11.

I can’t wait to enjoy ossipee and the cape while my kid plays baseball then has a blast going away all summer. Best part about it is he’ll come back in sept refreshed and ready to go and dominate all the morons chasing tourneys all summer.