email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

Youth Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: E9 U14 next year

Curious
Looking to move my bender. Is the E9 better at the U14 level? Or should I stick to the great Fed
It's all a mess at u14.

At this point, all the top teams have already been filled.

Stick with the fed. Top kids from both leagues have fled for the 2-3 beast teams that will do well.

Anon
Curious
Looking to move my bender. Is the E9 better at the U14 level? Or should I stick to the great Fed
It's all a mess at u14.

Stick with the fed. Top kids from both leagues have fled for the 2-3 beast teams that will do well.
Who are the top 2-3 teams in the Beast League. Is the Beast League new at the U14 level? Never really heard of that league.

Anon
Anon
Curious
It\'s all a mess at u14.

Who are the top 2-3 teams in the Beast League. Is the Beast League new at the U14 level? Never really heard of that league.
Someone's out of the loop on U14 hockey.

BHL or E9? am I right?

Anon
Anon
Anon
Curious
It\'s all a mess at u14.

Someone's out of the loop on U14 hockey.

BHL or E9? am I right?
I’m new to all this crap. My kid is decent and just wondering what the Beast League was. He played in the BHL last year. If there was a Beast League team around we would go to tryouts. South Shore area

Go with the head coach who son is the worst on the team.

Beast League is good at the top levels midgets . At the U14 level not the same as most these teams don’t have established teams yet.

River Rats ( Good)
Hitmen ( new team )
Boston Hockey Academy ( New Team)
North Shore Hockey Academy ( New Team)
Mount Academy ( Still good but weaker this season)

These teams are the only teams in Beast league around here. Don’t let any of the daddies tell you anything different. I’ve heard of 10 different teams playing in Beast division for recruiting tools.

If you can’t make one of the 4 super teams being built right now ( which are all filled )and can’t make River Rats who play in Beast and E9. Stay with the team that’s going to travel and play in tournaments. U14 around here is a disaster because of how weak HS hockey is so many lower end kids are making varsity teams as a freshmen.

Anon

Beast League is good at the top levels midgets . At the U14 level not the same as most these teams don’t have established teams yet.

River Rats ( Good)
Hitmen ( new team )

These teams are the only teams in Beast league around here. Don’t let any of the daddies tell you anything different. I’ve heard of 10 different teams playing in Beast division for recruiting tools.

If you can’t make one of the 4 super teams being built right now ( which are all filled )and can’t make River Rats who play in Beast and E9. Stay with the team that’s going to travel and play in tournaments. U14 around here is a disaster because of how weak HS hockey is so many lower end kids are making varsity teams as a freshmen.
False. I bet you get told what a Moron you are regularly but like to try and pretend to be smart anonymously. Look at the website for teams r tard.

Anon
Anon

River Rats ( Good)
Hitmen ( new team )

False. I bet you get told what a Moron you are regularly but like to try and pretend to be smart anonymously. Look at the website for teams r tard.
Okay Mr. Coach please tell me which team you are recruiting for. I’m on the website right now don’t see anything about teams other than the regular teams. I’m sorry to hurt your feelings my kid gone thru this before U14 is a disaster and U14 Beast blows.

Call me at U15 and U18 when beast is good

Anon
Anon
Anon

River Rats ( Good)
Hitmen ( new team )

Okay Mr. Coach please tell me which team you are recruiting for. I’m on the website right now don’t see anything about teams other than the regular teams. I’m sorry to hurt your feelings my kid gone thru this before U14 is a disaster and U14 Beast blows.

I’ll try but something tells me your bill won’t be paid and phone off, peasant.

Anon
Anon
Anon
Anon

River Rats ( Good)
Hitmen ( new team )

I’ll try but something tells me your bill won’t be paid and phone off, peasant.
Aren’t the Bandits in the Beast next year ???

Okay idiots this is how it works. Your beast teams include some of the following:

River Rats
Hitmen
Rifles
Boston Hockey Academy
North Shore Hockey Academy
Mount Academy
Roco Selects
Westchester Express
Yale
Etc

All of these EHF and E9 teams claiming to be in the beast series are NOT. They can be invited to beast showcases based on rank and standings in there league. So all the Terriers and other EHF people don't listen to your organization because they are playing with you.

Annon
Okay idiots this is how it works. Your beast teams include some of the following:

River Rats
Hitmen
Rifles
Boston Hockey Academy
Mount Academy
Roco Selects
Westchester Express
Yale
Etc

All of these EHF and E9 teams claiming to be in the beast series are NOT. They can be invited to beast showcases based on rank and standings in there league. So all the Terriers and other EHF people don't listen to your organization because they are playing with you.
BHA and north shore would eat human feces to get players right now not sure why the know it all dads with fat wives keep referencing them ? Won’t happen for them

Anon
Annon

River Rats
Hitmen
Rifles
Boston Hockey Academy
Mount Academy
Roco Selects
Westchester Express
Yale
Etc

BHA and north shore would eat human feces to get players right now not sure why the know it all dads with fat wives keep referencing them ? Won’t happen for them
Lotta anger in these posts. Why?

Just a question, but isn't Spartans Performance Academy a Beast team? Aren't they supposed to be pretty good?

Misinformation as usual at U14:

Mount
SPA
Rifles

All in E9 not Beast.

Anon

Mount
SPA
Rifles

All in E9 not Beast.

Current U14
SPA - https://myhockeyrankings.com/team_info.php?y=2020&t=24640
Mount - https://myhockeyrankings.com/team_info.php?y=2020&t=25879
Rifles - https://myhockeyrankings.com/team_info.php?y=2020&t=1127

It's that simple to check the leagues.

Anon

Mount
SPA
Rifles

All in E9 not Beast.

False. Those team are in the beast league. Go back to town b hockey.

LOL The Hitmen are trash,

Last season they put a team into beast that was completely assembled by a daddy who has never played hockey in his life.

The owners of the Hitmen are sellouts, they only give a **** about the money they bring in.

As far as the other teams, they poach and steal everyone they can on this myth that they are offering exposure for kids to be seen by scouts and higher education institutes, for prep hockey, or college.

Keep sucking the glass dick of pipe dreams...

Anon

River Rats ( Good)
Hitmen ( new team )

OK rats dad with a check book. Keep texting everyone on every team trying to convince them to come play for your very very happy staff.

Anon

River Rats ( Good)
Hitmen ( new team )

What are the 4 super teams? With Islanders top players leaving and eagles still up and coming, there isn’t a u14 super team next year.

Anon
Anon

River Rats ( Good)
Hitmen ( new team )

What are the 4 super teams? With Islanders top players leaving and eagles still up and coming, there isn’t a u14 super team next year.
The King is leaving Islanders land to head to the Eagles just like he did with his older boy at the flames.

whalers are new to u14 circuit next year. anyone know if they are a full or a half season? coach of team is high school coach too so i assume its half season.

Is Whalers u14 for real next year? Thought they only start at u15 and SSK handles u14 team.

anon
Is Whalers u14 for real next year? Thought they only start at u15 and SSK handles u14 team.
OHHH It's real all right.
See the Whalers tryout schedule.

for as poor as wizards are at the youth levels, they become a much more popular landing spot starting at u14. look like they hired a non dad coach with a good resume for next year

http://www.eastcoastwizardshockey.assn.la/

If the objective is to get your son ready for High School put him on any team that offers decent ice time and competition. Some midget teams play a lot more than others, and being a beast team is not a determining factor in that as any top level team can enter most tournaments. Being on a beast team is not as important, plenty of kids who couldn't make their high school varsity team were on beast teams. At U14, it is still sort of having a connection type of deal. If it's about getting a lot of money for the hockey, look around. Some orgs provide the minimum for top $dollar.

Heard u13 Yale taking u14

U14 is a wasteland of watered down teams. Its over very quickly and the better players escape to Varsity and Prep. Whats left after Thanksgiving are just young 07s and players not good enough to make varsity. Unless you're playing for Shattucks or Mount it doesnt matter.

To the Op: Since your son played BHL, E9 is fine. If your son was playing at the higher levels, I would not recommend E9. Upper kids disperse at U14 except for the BJE. Always happens. Play at the highest level he can compete at.

There is one fundamental difference 07 parents should know. League games are not important per se for a U14 NB team, getting higher MHR points are to get seeded higher in a state champ. After a couple of weeks, the higher ranked teams start to gravitate towards selective and competitive tournaments. For historically lower ranked teams with no chance to get invited to the state champ, league games may the only way to find opponents. Also Beast is not a league, bur rather a caravan attending weekend tournaments. Out of league teams are invited to their sanctioned tournament to boost their points.

From players' perspective, good U14 team is a team they can be on the first two lines with higher hockey IQ players, and be on special teams (PP/PK). Nothing is more awful than spending a season with less disciplined players at this age. Half season is too short to educate lower hockey IQ players. One more advice...be ready to contribute to a team from Week 1. The season is short and coaches quickly form impression of a player earlier in the season and put together better players in the top lines. There is no such thing as player development over six month.

You need to ask yourself this

Why are you leaving current team/ how long have you been with them for ?

Did your kid get better all the years he was there?

Where he going to play more ? Staying at same level playing top line and being part of the team or are you fine with your kid playing 3rd/4th line and not being part of a better team. Chances are he will develop more playing top 6 special teams then 3rd/4th line.

Lastly you need to look at current Beast rosters hate to say this but 85% of the team will be gone when U15 comes up. Is it worth burning a potential bridge for a goofy year of hockey. Yeah I chased the dream followed the U14 talk and my kid got cut once U15 came around because now these top dogs really get players from all over the country who are attending prep schools.

Beat advice is to stick at current team develop for high school season and if your good enough they will come back to you at the levels they really care about U15 and up.

Anon

Where he going to play more ? Staying at same level playing top line and being part of the team or are you fine with your kid playing 3rd/4th line and not being part of a better team. Chances are he will develop more playing top 6 special teams then 3rd/4th line.

Lastly you need to look at current Beast rosters hate to say this but 85% of the team will be gone when U15 comes up. Is it worth burning a potential bridge for a goofy year of hockey. Yeah I chased the dream followed the U14 talk and my kid got cut once U15 came around because now these top dogs really get players from all over the country who are attending prep schools.

Beat advice is to stick at current team develop for high school season and if your good enough they will come back to you at the levels they really care about U15 and up.
Here is an example my son's u14 team has 18 rostered and maybe 3 will play on the U15 team. So yeah stick with a team were he will get the most ice time and don't chase the dream. The dream will chase you if he is good enough.

anon
Anon

Here is an example my son's u14 team has 18 rostered and maybe 3 will play on the U15 team. So yeah stick with a team were he will get the most ice time and don't chase the dream. The dream will chase you if he is good enough.
Sounds like the “happy” and NEHJ combo.