The Official New England Ice Hockey DBoard 

Click Here to Visit Our Facebook Page

email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

Youth Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Judge First Practice ??

Watch my peewees first practice last night and new coach was disorganized, ran drills for too long and had kids standing around. Not happy. Not the only parent who feels that way. First practice judgement mode all day

Re: Judge First Practice ??

Get a release, waste of money!!!

Why don't you coach? You clearly know what it takes to run a good practice and get the most out of 11/12 year olds.

Anon
Why don't you coach? You clearly know what it takes to run a good practice and get the most out of 11/12 year olds.
then who would do the complaining?

Father screamed at the Refs the entire game. The Ref, being a better person, never kicked the father out of the game. Instead near the end of the game skated over to the parent on the glass and placed a whistle on the dasher board and told the dad to ref if he didn't like the job performed on the ice. Then he skated away.

You're that parent aren't you? You ID everyone's weaknesses except your own. Take your kid home and stay there! DB

nom nom
Father screamed at the Refs the entire game. The Ref, being a better person, never kicked the father out of the game. Instead near the end of the game skated over to the parent on the glass and placed a whistle on the dasher board and told the dad to ref if he didn't like the job performed on the ice. Then he skated away.

You're that parent aren't you? You ID everyone's weaknesses except your own. Take your kid home and stay there! DB
:clap:

Anon
Watch my peewees first practice last night and new coach was disorganized, ran drills for too long and had kids standing around. Not happy. Not the only parent who feels that way. First practice judgement mode all day
Probably had nothing to do with the kids not getting it right and needing early season repetition. I'm sure it wasn't partially about herding the cats, was it? You guys that quit hockey sophomore year because you couldn't make varsity and then say you played crack me up. Relax. It's the first practice in August. I wonder how you'd be doing in life if people overreacted to your first performance. My guess is you wouldn't be married.

Haha...nice

Definitely! a lot of so called coaches have no idea and ruin player development.