email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

Youth Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: The Heavy Hand of USA Hockey

Fed Up Coach
So I've read about the new rules and seen some games with the no tag offsides, icing on PK, and increased scrutiny of checking/body contact. Went to the USA Hockey site to double check the coaching requirements. I've been Level 4 with all modules for a very long time now and had background registration and Safesport up to date. Just came across where Level 4 & Level 5 coaches now have to take CE classes. I've had enough. That was supposed be a LIFETIME certification. More fees, more money, that's all this is about.

Coaching a freaking hockey team should not require as many or more certifications, background checks, CE classes, and requirements than being a freaking lawyer or carrying some other professional degree. 99.9% of us are volunteers who don't make a dime off this. Oh, but I noticed CEP Instructors and NTDP coaches are exempt from paying registration fees. How nice for them.

I am so sick of USA Hockey at this point. Rule change after rule change for the sake of making rule changes. Milking us dry in registration and certification fees. When AAU or USPHL or some other entity takes over youth and junior hockey in this country I will not shed a tear for USA Hockey because they will have done this to themselves.
"Coaching a freaking hockey team should not require as many or more certifications, background checks, CE classes, and requirements than being a freaking lawyer or carrying some other professional degree."

Really... Hyperbole much? :face_with_rolling_eyes: