The Official New England Ice Hockey DBoard 

Click Here to Visit Our Facebook Page

email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

Youth Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Pure Stupidity

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.newsweek.com/kkk-picture-sent-hockey-team-group-chat-one-black-player-sparks-probe-1631857%3famp=1

Re: Pure Stupidity

Who are the Crimson? Everyone gets a trophy. Everyone gets a club team.

Hockey is very sensitive about this type of incident because it is the last major sport to fully integrate disadvantaged kids (I.e. kids who can’t afford 5 k a year) into its many organized programs. That goes all the way from youth programs to HS, college and beyond. The situation is amplified in New England, the home of progressives, because most middle class families can’t afford club hockey for their minions. So that leaves you with a sea of affluent white kids with very little representation from the less affluent, especially minorities. And, to make matters worse, as far as I can tell, there is very little outreach by these rich suburban club owners or clinic and skills conglomerates. You can bash my opinion if you want but the proof is in the numbers. If there are any minority kids playing on the elite level in NE, get their autograph because it is rarer than a 2 headed coin.

Bottom line, in this instance, it is easier and cheaper to send a 12 year old off packing for being stupid and insensitive than to step up to the plate and do what is really needed.

My son is a minority but we are also an affluent family. I agree with what you said. I think the text that was sent around was awful but I’m scared usa hockey is going to make an example out of the kid. Kids do extremely stupid things. This should be a teachable moment. He should be punished (like 2 week suspension) but also educated.

Anon
My son is a minority but we are also an affluent family. I agree with what you said. I think the text that was sent around was awful but I’m scared usa hockey is going to make an example out of the kid. Kids do extremely stupid things. This should be a teachable moment. He should be punished (like 2 week suspension) but also educated.
Agreed. Honestly this is really no one's fault except for the kid's parents. My kid played for the Crimson for a year and they're good people. I obviously don't know this team/kid but come on man, it's a 12yo. It's awful what he did but suspend him for a few weeks to teach him a lesson. Who here hasn't done something stupid or awful as a 12yo?

anon
Anon
Agreed. Honestly this is really no one's fault except for the kid's parents. My kid played for the Crimson for a year and they're good people. I obviously don't know this team/kid but come on man, it's a 12yo. It's awful what he did but suspend him for a few weeks to teach him a lesson. Who here hasn't done something stupid or awful as a 12yo?
My child has been there for three seasons and safe to say this is our last.

Core Values
At Crimson Hockey Club, we are committed to developing the all-around player and person. Our players and coaches are expected to come to the rink each night with a positive and open mindset. Family and teaching is at the core of our principles, as we strive to make sure every player and parent feels at home in our program and gets the maximum coaching possible. We believe in a balanced training regimen that includes nutrition, off-ice training and video analysis on top of on-ice practices and skills. Players, parents, coaches, and family members are all expected to abide by following basic values and principles: integrity, respect, work ethic, honesty, learning, family, and leadership.

I cant believe I am agreeing with anyone on this board but I think all the above is on message. They are going to destroy this kid without giving him an opportunity to learn and atone.

And why?, I concur, so a suburban white sport wont look like it condones that behavior. In the end,it will do nothing meaningful in promoting hockey to the kids who can least afford it.

I dont think anyone would disagree that hockey could use a little more diversity but it's up to the Orgs and even heavily endowed colleges and follow the chart up to the NHL. Money talks and BS, well you know the rest. But then again, its easier and cheaper to put a hit on a 12 YO.

anon
anon
Anon
Agreed. Honestly this is really no one\'s fault except for the kid\'s parents. My kid played for the Crimson for a year and they\'re good people. I obviously don\'t know this team/kid but come on man, it\'s a 12yo. It\'s awful what he did but suspend him for a few weeks to teach him a lesson. Who here hasn\'t done something stupid or awful as a 12yo?
My child has been there for three seasons and safe to say this is our last.
Are you leaving because a 12yr old used poor judgement?