Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: PHL

Both levels are terrible so don’t worry about it

D
Is premier or elite the better level?
In the PHL, they say the Premier level is the better one. It's intentional, so that you look at other events/leagues and think "oh, they just have elite level hockey. Premier has one better." Once you see the hockey at the "premier" level, you'll understand that it's marketing only.

Premier is better in PHL but the better premier teams are equal to the better BHL teams. Don’t let the league names fool you

That is an inaccurate statement...there aren't many Premier teams that would lose to BHL American or National teams.

Top 3 Phl premier teams equal to top 3 BHL American

Been involved in Youth Hockey now for a decade. Across the board I think for the most part you can call it "Rule of 3".

Top 3 teams for the most part in any league would end up winning/losing the same amount of games regardless of league they are in. I'm not saying top 3 nationals can compete in EHF Elite. I'm sayihng the top 3 e9 teams are exactly the same as EHF elite 5th place and down and maybe even better.
Top 3 teams in PHL upper or premier or whatever it is called would compete without a doubt with American teams and probably be better than all Platinum teams except for the top 3.

Top 3 American would compete fine with top 3 EHF platinum.

You can bash the PHL because it is fun to do so but the top 3 teams are the same as the top 3 American and EHF Platinum and all leagues go off a cliff from a parity perspective after that.

You idiots worry so much about leagues. But is is fun to watch you idiots banter. Congrats on being a 500 team in whatever league you love to pretend is better than every other league just so you can sleep at night. If you are not a top 3 team in EHF Elite or e9 it is really all just a bunch of spread out Tier1 hockey.

HockeyDude
Been involved in Youth Hockey now for a decade. Across the board I think for the most part you can call it "Rule of 3".

Top 3 teams for the most part in any league would end up winning/losing the same amount of games regardless of league they are in. I'm not saying top 3 nationals can compete in EHF Elite. I'm sayihng the top 3 e9 teams are exactly the same as EHF elite 5th place and down and maybe even better.
Top 3 teams in PHL upper or premier or whatever it is called would compete without a doubt with American teams and probably be better than all Platinum teams except for the top 3.

Top 3 American would compete fine with top 3 EHF platinum.

You can bash the PHL because it is fun to do so but the top 3 teams are the same as the top 3 American and EHF Platinum and all leagues go off a cliff from a parity perspective after that.

You idiots worry so much about leagues. But is is fun to watch you idiots banter. Congrats on being a 500 team in whatever league you love to pretend is better than every other league just so you can sleep at night. If you are not a top 3 team in EHF Elite or e9 it is really all just a bunch of spread out Tier1 hockey.
You are high as hell. Top BHL compete against bottom Platinum and Upper Gold teams. My son plays EHF Platinum and we crushed the top American team.

Reading is not your thing huh? Did you miss the part where I said "for the most part". Congrats on your tier 1 player beating an American team. Send the link to the score. Were they a top 3 BHL American team hero? Rule of 3 goes down to players as well. Top 3 players on any PHL elite team is just as good as your little bender if not better. It's ok...your kid isn't good but you think your kid should be on an EHF elite team. He isn't. It's all tier 1 crap after the top 3 elite and e9 teams. Beat it.

D
Which midgets are taller? My kid played PHL for a year before his team folded. Best thing that ever happened to his hockey game. Save yourself the headache and go somewhere else.

anon
D
Which midgets are taller? My kid played PHL for a year before his team folded. Best thing that ever happened to his hockey game. Save yourself the headache and go somewhere else.
PHL is where kids go to play after being cut from single A teams.

PHL U14 and up is good at the premier level. U13 and below is above the lower gold / National at premier. I’d say comparable to Fed Upper Gold or lower platinum, as well as the bottom of the BHL American.

The Elite level in PHL is legit town A/B hockey.

BHL American. PHL Premier & EHF Up Gold, good town programs all the same.

BHL national. PHL Elite, EHF Low Gold, bad town programs all the same.

E9 very similar to EHF Platinum, with a slight nod to E9 as it’s a hair faster.

EHF Elite doesn’t really have a challenger in northeast.

I coach midget lower gold and we played top team from BHL and they won 2-1 and we were missing best 2 players. Not impressed at all.

A. There is no elite level play in the PHL. They can put whatever name they want on it but it just doesn't exist.
B. There are some quality players throughout every age in the PHL that could easily make an EHF elite team and certainly Platinum. There just are not enough to form an entire team.
C. Thank god we are back to bashing the PHL and talking about kids on the Dboard. I couldn't handle another season of pandemic ridiculousness.
D. Sorry your kid, your coach, and your wife got cut. 2020 was tough on everyone.

Wasn’t a tough year for MFF. They practices all year and are now destroying everyone in Fed elite.

Anon
I coach midget lower gold and we played top team from BHL and they won 2-1 and we were missing best 2 players. Not impressed at all.
Who is this top BHL team you speak of ?