The Official New England Ice Hockey DBoard 

Click Here to Visit Our Facebook Page

email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

Youth Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Girls hockey vs prep

Currently headed to New England next week to visit prep schools with my daughter. She plays AAA U14 in St Louis. It seems most of your girls play prep and also play for a tier one club as well. I have read the other post regarding which tier 1 girls programs are the ones to look at. My question is this. How does prep compare to tier 1 hockey? I know there are different levels of prep hockey and different age groups at tier 1 but would the top tier 1 girls teams beat the top prep schools or the other way around? I have zero knowledge to compare the levels of competition.
Appreciate any response.

Re: Girls hockey vs prep

Someone posted this same thing a month or two ago. Total troll job. Sad.

Go to Tabor or Deerfield.

anon
Someone posted this same thing a month or two ago. Total troll job. Sad.

Go to Tabor or Deerfield.
How does it compare? I have had 3 boys play and couldn't tell you a thing about the girls game

They do both
Top prep schools (Nobles, Cushing, Philips, Dexter, Rivers, etc) are where the top girls try to go and then they also play tier 1 (Eagles, Wizards, Breakers, Spitfire) split season

See above. Many girls who play in the ISL will play club hockey for 1/2 a season. Example: St Paul's in NH has a number of girls playing for the Wizards.