The Official New England Ice Hockey DBoard 

Click Here to Visit Our Facebook Page

email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

Youth Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: How to tell a coach you want to leave team?

No reason to burn bridges with the coach or org. (unless that is your thing), so I would just make it about your kid and his level of enjoyment. In other words, tell him that he misses his old teammates and just doesn't seem to be enjoying it as much. Good luck and you're making a good move IMO. At that age it should be about fun and excitement not rankings and wins.

Anon
Put my kid on elite mite team. Coach is terrible. Team is ok. I want to leave the elite and put him back in only town hockey. I don’t want refund. Learned my lesson. Do I just come clean? Or do I need to BS this one?
Slip out the back, Jack
Make a new plan, Stan
You don't need to be coy, Roy
Just listen to me
Hop on the bus, Gus
You don't need to discuss much
Just drop off the key, Lee
And get yourself free

So are you planning on quitting on the team mid-season? I would finish out the season and move him next year. I would never let my kids quit a team during the season. If you are not looking for the refund then just play both.

If it is that bad you want to leave mid season then be an adult and talk to the coach. I would make sure this is what your kid wants to because it’s all about them not us. Coaching is not easy when it’s you as the coach but from the stands every is an expert

Wait but isn’t the “elite” team coaching elite?

MAY HAVE A MEDICAL ISSUE. ILL THROW HIS SHOES IN