The Official New England Ice Hockey DBoard 

Click Here to Visit Our Facebook Page

email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

Youth Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
09 girls leaving boys hockey

What are your thoughts on girls playing bantam minor? Should they play U14 girls instead? Interested in feedback and thoughts.

Re: 09 girls leaving boys hockey

unless your a whack job, your daughter should play with girls at U14. You dont need some idiot checking her in the corners.

I see the neanderthals are up early. There are a number of eighth grade girls who could clean the clocks of 95 percent of bantam minor boys or at least hold their own against all of them. Certainly not for all of them, but any girls prep or college coach will tell a parent to have a high-end girl play with the boys for as long as she can make a difference and protect herself, but start to transition to the girls teams at that age to get recognized. Game speed tends to be different.

Spoken like someone who doesn’t talk to prep or college coaches. “Okay with the boys as long as you can”? Listen boomer, times have changed. You want your daughter to get noticed? She should be playing, and dominating, the girls game. No colle coach gives a **** if big Bertha can take a check. They want to see high end skill and speed in the game they will be playing. But good luck anyway.

Sounds like you married a beaster of a Neanderthal yourself to produce a linebacker of a daughter that can hang with u14 boys.

anon
I see the neanderthals are up early. There are a number of eighth grade girls who could clean the clocks of 95 percent of bantam minor boys or at least hold their own against all of them. Certainly not for all of them, but any girls prep or college coach will tell a parent to have a high-end girl play with the boys for as long as she can make a difference and protect herself, but start to transition to the girls teams at that age to get recognized. Game speed tends to be different.
I mean I am with you but the prep/college coach is a bunch BS.

Anon
anon
I mean I am with you but the prep/college coach is a bunch BS.
Believe what you want. Stand by the comment having heard it more than once.

Who are the best girls leaving going to boys?

Theres a few top end girls in CT. Not sure what they are doing for next year. One is a forward from CJR & the other is a DMAN for the CT Chiefs. Im sure they will go to girls.

my daughter pla*** boys all thru PWM. Went U14 and now plays NCAA D1.... stay as long as you can with the boys

anon
my daughter pla*** boys all thru PWM. Went U14 and now plays NCAA D1.... stay as long as you can with the boys
My daughter never pla*** on a boys team. Now plays Hockey East. Never play on a boys team.

You have your one offs……. Most girls I have coached pla*** with boys…

Anon
You have your one offs……. Most girls I have coached pla*** with boys…
Yea at the u8 level.
Look at the the BC,BU, Northeastern women freshmen and tell me where they pla***. I wait.

And both paths are valid by the way, but that notion that you have to play boys to play D1 is so f*cking ridiculous.

How about both? My daughter plays on her tier 1 girls team and skates with the town boys team. Works well.

How about she choose?

Also, who is teaching her to cook and clean? You or your wife?

Absolutely amazing!!! 2022 and this is still a discussion... who the hell cares whats under that uniform? our sons and daughters dont go out on the ice alone... they go out as a team! and as a team they protect each other! my son is an 09 and has had the honor to grow and play with at least 3 of the best hockey players in the EHF, BHL, and any other **** letters you can make up. I would put these three girls up against 75% of anyone in the league! I only say 75% because the other 25% probably couldnt even catch them, score on them or defend them!!! So stick with us... screw the haters...the game is better because of you!! their boys probably got leveled by one of those helpless little girls....

name the top 10 girls in new england that play on the boys teams. Only mention the teams

1. Vermont flames

My friend, Let's not start narrowing down specific players....not cool to do **** like that on a site like this when dealing with our kids. But i will say, watch live barn, come a little early to a game or practice, and stay a little later. watch some summer travel leagues, AKA, come out of your bubble and notice something other than your team! you'd be surprised what you run into!

I dont think the previous poster mentioned girls names..... I read it at Organizations ( names ).

2. BJE

anon
I dont think the previous poster mentioned girls names..... I read it at Organizations ( names ).

2. BJE
The top 10 girls play boys hockey? You are out of your mind….

you ever been to a U12 Girls game? if you have you would understand.
Ever seen a EHF/ AYHL / E9 Boys game with girls on the roster...? then you would understand.
Stay in your bubble..... it will soon burst.