email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

Youth Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Skates

If he plays in E9 or Tewksbury youth it doesn't matter what he wears

For EHF elite players, go to Cooke's in Wilmington.

Ha ha! What if the kid plays in both leagues, what do you recommend!! Got to admit, E9 development is better than EHF but the players in EHF are more talented. At least in the diaper level 2016-2013 from what I can see!! The EHF practices..kids just slaughter each other (battle,battle,battle) while E9 focus is skills skills skills (cone, cones, cone). Now if the two leagues can combine!!! Could it be best if both worlds?

Anon
Ha ha! What if the kid plays in both leagues, what do you recommend!! Got to admit, E9 development is better than EHF but the players in EHF are more talented. At least in the diaper level 2016-2013 from what I can see!! The EHF practices..kids just slaughter each other (battle,battle,battle) while E9 focus is skills skills skills (cone, cones, cone). Now if the two leagues can combine!!! Could it be best if both worlds?
Please let us know how you are eating or judging the development.

Kind of have to agree with the post on development. Not for the high end kids but for the bottom of the roster. My kid was a diaper baby playing on an elite EHF team. He was # 8 out of 11 skaters. Good skater and competed well but it was clear the skills set was not there compared to top of the roster. The EHF team practiced battle drills (90%). He learned how to compete his butt off!! Their coaches were honest, do skills on your own time, we will focus on battles. I moved him to an E9 team based on a couple practices I had seen. Well, one year in, his skill set has dramatically improved and still competes his butt off. The little guy competes at a high level no matter the league he competes against. I think a mix of battling and skill set drills is better than pigeon hole’n the team to just one approach.

Anon
Kind of have to agree with the post on development. Not for the high end kids but for the bottom of the roster. My kid was a diaper baby playing on an elite EHF team. He was # 8 out of 11 skaters. Good skater and competed well but it was clear the skills set was not there compared to top of the roster. The EHF team practiced battle drills (90%). He learned how to compete his butt off!! Their coaches were honest, do skills on your own time, we will focus on battles. I moved him to an E9 team based on a couple practices I had seen. Well, one year in, his skill set has dramatically improved and still competes his butt off. The little guy competes at a high level no matter the league he competes against. I think a mix of battling and skill set drills is better than pigeon hole’n the team to just one approach.
If you think the league dictates the practices you are clueless. If you think a trend in practice style rides with a certain league you are an idiot. My kid isn’t good enough to be Fed elite full time so we’ve bounced around between platinum and e9 over last 4 years. We’ve had good coaches on every team and the practices are very similar.

Anon
Dumbest post I’ve seen in a long time

Guy or Lad ask for skate advice and it turns into an E9/Fed discussion. Kleen n Hard out of Worcester does a good job with sizing and getting you *****d appropriately.

Anon
Vapors in E9, Supremes in EHF

You sir, are a tool. You need to buy yourself some skates as you probably never played the game before. FED/E9 makes no difference in a couple years. You will see. Now get back in your Subaru and drive away.

ANON:
You sir, are a tool. You need to buy yourself some skates as you probably never played the game before. FED/E9 makes no difference in a couple years. You will see. Now get back in your Subaru and drive away.
Vapies for E9, Supies for EHF.

ANON
ANON:
Vapies? Supies? stop trying to act like you know the lingo of the hockey players! They don't call the skates that. Idiot!

And get a Jofa helmet while you’re at it.

Graf
And get a Jofa helmet while you’re at it.
Jofa buckets (not called a helmet) are the best.

?
ANON
ANON:
Vapies? Supies? stop trying to act like you know the lingo of the hockey players! They don't call the skates that. Idiot!
Excuse me sir my full season team and my summer team refer to Bauer skates as Vapies or Supies. My older brother is 16 and all his friends call Bauer skates Vapies or Supies. Maybe you are just old and have no clue you idiot.

?
ANON
ANON:
How do ya like me now?

Second Cookes Skate in Wilmington.

Put 2 boys through top youth and juniors and neither ever got new skates until they were in juniors. Find a place with perfectly fine newer used skates that some rich kid just got rid of. Just like cars, saves a ton of $.

This is the best idea on this thread. Any recs on places to go?