Visit The DBoard Online Store - https://www.cafepress.com/icehockeydboard

Click Here to Visit Our Facebook Page

email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

Youth Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
The 2011 Brick Tourney Edmonton

JR Bruins with a big W over the British Columbia JR Canucks. Wheel N Deal. Very good hockey that is impressive to watch. Glad these kids get a chance. Time for all parents in New England start the name dropping (Well I know a few of those kids are unreal. My son plays against _________ so we know.)

Rest of the weekend for the JR B's
Wed, Jun. 29, 2022 5:30 PM West Edmonton Mall - Ice Palace BC Junior Canucks (2) Boston Junior Bruins (4)
Thu, Jun. 30, 2022 9:10 AM River Cree Twin Rinks South Toronto Pro Hockey Boston Junior Bruins
Thu, Jun. 30, 2022 2:10 PM West Edmonton Mall - Ice Palace Team Brick Alberta Boston Junior Bruins
Fri, Jul. 01, 2022 9:10 AM West Edmonton Mall - Ice Palace Boston Junior Bruins Team Minnesota
Fri, Jul. 01, 2022 7:10 PM West Edmonton Mall - Ice Palace Boston Junior Bruins Detroit Jr. Red Wings

https://brickhockey.ca/

Re: The 2011 Brick Tourney Edmonton

Baffy
JR Bruins with a big W over the British Columbia JR Canucks. Wheel N Deal. Very good hockey that is impressive to watch. Glad these kids get a chance. Time for all parents in New England start the name dropping (Well I know a few of those kids are unreal. My son plays against _________ so we know.)

Wed, Jun. 29, 2022 5:30 PM West Edmonton Mall - Ice Palace BC Junior Canucks (2) Boston Junior Bruins (4)
Thu, Jun. 30, 2022 9:10 AM River Cree Twin Rinks South Toronto Pro Hockey Boston Junior Bruins
Thu, Jun. 30, 2022 2:10 PM West Edmonton Mall - Ice Palace Team Brick Alberta Boston Junior Bruins
Fri, Jul. 01, 2022 9:10 AM West Edmonton Mall - Ice Palace Boston Junior Bruins Team Minnesota
Fri, Jul. 01, 2022 7:10 PM West Edmonton Mall - Ice Palace Boston Junior Bruins Detroit Jr. Red Wings

Keep your posts to your instagram/facebook/tiktok. We all know your little Johnny is a superstar.

The brick sells quality furniture check it out buy some patio furniture. Thanks for coming

The jealousy on this sight is disgusting. Be happy for these kids. In the 2011 age group they are the best of the best.
Deal with it that your kids not on the team

I have a 2011 and we watched last night online. He had fun watching the kids he plays against. He’s good but not the same as those kids. He Went out on his own this morning and shot and stick handled for 30 minutes. Hopefully he watches again today. Maybe it will motivate him.

Anon
I have a 2011 and we watched last night online. He had fun watching the kids he plays against. He’s good but not the same as those kids. He Went out on his own this morning and shot and stick handled for 30 minutes. Hopefully he watches again today. Maybe it will motivate him.
You sound like the biggest tool. Your kid might be fine.

Andy Brickley
The jealousy on this sight is disgusting. Be happy for these kids. In the 2011 age group they are the best of the best.
hey fellas, just checkin in and I played in da Brick, and had an illustreeus NHL career and I turned out just fine as a human being and a successful politician. I was a superstar then and I am a bigger superstar now. Stop with the hate on the BJB. See what I did there? haha The Big Man upstairs has a master plan, let it play out you non BJB losers. The daddies want to be me and the mommies want to be with me. Your son can be me someday.

Teach your kids right, dont listen to the haters.

My skills sessions coming soon, but only for the best of the best.....invite only

MR.William Tibbetts
Andy Brickley
hey fellas, just checkin in and I played in da Brick, and had an illustreeus NHL career and I turned out just fine as a human being and a successful politician. I was a superstar then and I am a bigger superstar now. Stop with the hate on the BJB. See what I did there? haha The Big Man upstairs has a master plan, let it play out you non BJB losers. The daddies want to be me and the mommies want to be with me. Your son can be me someday.

Teach your kids right, dont listen to the haters.

My skills sessions coming soon, but only for the best of the best.....invite only
Where are you seeing any hate for the JR B’s? Some comprehension goes a long way!

Baffy

Tough game 2 as the JR Bruins fall to a tough Toronto BD team 5 -2. Awesome to watch though.

oh yeah, 10-yearl old hockey is the best ????

Good win against Alberta. They have a tough scheudle. Minnesota and Detroit tomorrow. None of the teams that are usually at the bottom.

What is the best the Jr bruins have done at the brick?

Waste of 15k. Done it save money do skills and a tropical vacation

Waste
Waste of 15k. Done it save money do skills and a tropical vacation
Haha waste of 15k ok dude. What year did you go? Was the level of play not good enough? Didn’t like the mall? Little Mikey not get enough ice time?

also did it . not worth the money, and share the sentiment of doing privates and going on vacation with the balance.

Not worth the money means your kid didn’t like his playing time.

Most of the people who do jr bruins can afford the tropical vacations in addition to that.

Anon
What is the best the Jr bruins have done at the brick?
The 2016 team was very good.

2-2 after game 4 loss to Minnesota. US Western Selects looking very solid showing they can score. They must be teaching the toe drag out in Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Idaho, New Mexico, Oklahoma, Oregon, Texas, Utah, and Washington.

Anon
2-2 after game 4 loss to Minnesota. US Western Selects looking very solid showing they can score. They must be teaching the toe drag out in Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Idaho, New Mexico, Oklahoma, Oregon, Texas, Utah, and Washington.
CM has the boys playing a great defensive system. Keep that center high and use him as a 3rd defenseman. Has done wonders for your program. Especially the 08 team. Haha

Anon
Anon
CM has the boys playing a great defensive system. Keep that center high and use him as a 3rd defenseman. Has done wonders for your program. Especially the 08 team. Haha
How many lines he have controlling majority of play? If two of the lines are in over their heads you should be happy with scoring 2 or more per.

Pova
Anon
Anon
How many lines he have controlling majority of play? If two of the lines are in over their heads you should be happy with scoring 2 or more per.
2011 represented well. When you have to wait and see the out come of the last game of the round robin to see if you advance. That’s a good tournament. 2011 team is strong, things happen but they represented well. Now it’s on to the 2012’s, forget The Who should or shouldn’t be on the team. Or all the bulls hilt politics enclave. At the end of the day it’s boys and families that we all know is let’s hope they represent well.

Huge 7-0 win for the JRB’s over Detroit JR Red Wings. MP and SA carried the team. Awesome to watch.

Unfortunately they missed the playoffs. TorontoProHockey edged them out by point. Unreal level of play.

Anon
Unfortunately they missed the playoffs. TorontoProHockey edged them out by point. Unreal level of play.

"Unreal level of play"

Are you people clueless? It's 10-year old hockey, get a life.

The western selects look like team China. You know what that means. Fake birth certificates. They may need them to keep up with Putin on the B’s. They probably all bought their certs from the same guy.

Anon
The western selects look like team China. You know what that means. Fake birth certificates. They may need them to keep up with Putin on the B’s. They probably all bought their certs from the same guy.
Nope. All legal and normal 2011’s.

Anon
Anon

"Unreal level of play"

Are you people clueless? It's 10-year old hockey, get a life.
Every age group has a “level of play” and the 2011 age group level of play was top notch. Good Fed Elite players struggled to stand out.

Lots of fun to watch. Didn’t realize til the end that the rink is smaller than usual. So the kids being a year older than normal made it look a lot faster than normal. Bruins looked great. Wish they could have played full tournament.

Agreed the 11s did well ,6 teams only make the playoffs is stupid . However maybe cm needs another system that defensive system has been his go to for the last 20 years .

$15K of fame is over and now begins the wait ‘n see if Mother Nature sends the hormone fairy to your precious duster. Based on the diminutive stature of most of these Bricksters… HGH therapy should be considered.

Time for CM to get his brick charter taken away he can’t put a team in ice that goes to playoffs and CJR has now won 2 about to be 3 titles …. Give the charter to Lovell or BHC let them have a shot Bruins are a money grab. Sitting in the food court at the mall so don’t tell me my kid got cut ….

‘11 Bruins had the talent but they had the same problem as every prior year. CM is a con-man, only in it to line his pockets. You think those 5 practices you had got the team ready? You think running 11 forwards helped? You think picking your buddies kids helped? You are a charlaton. For the next ages, buyer beware!

Just heard some horror stories about CM yesterday from some parents up in Edmonton. Heard he’s a bad dude like corn pop. Kid played for him this year and No probs so far but I think I’m pulling him next year. Id love to have a run in with him. The political picks alone are insane.

BHC? Who’s gonna coach the team, O’Leary? Lol . Lovell maybe, but CM should be put out to pasture

Lots of Daddy’s who know it all on this board!!!! You guys sure know your hockey. CJR was most talented team. JRB had a good showing. Nobody should be complaining.

CJR has a crazy territory. They should win it every year.

That’s a crap excuse considering Boston has Mass,NH, Maine, Vt and always takes 3 imports …

Boston doesn’t have VT. Kid that shot in game winner for CJR is a VT kid.
Boston gets 2 imports. So does CJR. Boston territory is fine. Team PA should get all of NJ. Detroit should get Ohio.

They are 10, relax

Anon
They are 10, relax
Yep 10 or 11 and their best years are behind them.

When people say it’s $15K for BJB national, how do they arrive at this number? Does it include everything, or is it only tuition?
Insanely expensive anyway if you have to shell it out 3 or how many years in a row if you’re on the team all years preceding the brick year.

Pretty sure that’s all in with travel but still a huge nut for summer hockey. Figure most elite Fed teams will have tuition of 3500 - 4000 providing 2/3 practices a week depending in the model, some with separate skills sessions and a 40 game schedule, 3-4 tourneys with 1-2 requiring a Thursday stay and 1-2 requiring no hotel at all at 100-150 a tourney and possibly some other optional stuff, you're looking at a total of maybe 7k per year. Pretty easy to see where your money is best spent. Put another 2-3k into specific skill work and sprinkle in a few local summer tourneys and any kid will be fine. Save the time and money fir other sports. Kids have fun and become better players.

You guys are insane with how much you think it costs...someone tosses out $15K and it sticks? My kid did it and we did fundraising and after everything it was maybe $1-2K. You can listen to the estimates but that's the facts.