Click Here to Visit Our Facebook Page

email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

Youth Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: CCM 68

Haters are always going to hate! Daddy or not the kids must be skilled enough for the invite!

Daddy
One has a daddy that is high up in Bruins org Shockah!
And the kid is also the best player on the team

debatable

That kid is a fine player but there are others better not on the list. Not hating just stating

anon
68s is a joke and always had been.
Yes and most of you will found of the state and national camp "tryouts" are an absolute joke also.

anon
Yes and most of you will find out the state and national camp "tryouts" are an absolute joke also.

anon
Well now buddy I think you wrong. Its not a joke. It's real. Its filled with very good players. Did some better kids not make it? Of course. But chill with that joke thing.

I'd love to know the breakdown between coach's kids and non-coach's kids. It looks like 85% are coaches kids.

Anon
anon
Well now buddy I think you wrong. Its not a joke. It's real. Its filled with very good players. Did some better kids not make it? Of course. But chill with that joke thing.
I agree... there are a lot of good players at this and events like it. you could have "The Great One" himself coach and pay and someone would find something to complain about. people always do... but understand that these are children... and if. they are going to get scouted and recruited, their game will speak for itself.

anon
three actually
Its the 90 minute practices. Program starting to do very well.

What is CCM 68?

Definitely good some good players from Boston, but tons on par/better not on the list. Helps to play on those ccm tournament teams

Helps to have your coach submit your kids name to ccm.
The tournament requests then collects names from teams submitted by their coach.
Some kids legitimately deserve to go, some don't.
Teams,coaches,parents with connections get preference.
They are not scouting the entire country for 14 year olds.
They try to pick kids from all over and also deliver on favors.

Anon
The tournament requests then collects names from teams submitted by their coach.
No kids from Maine, VT or R.I. On this list??

Anon
Anon
Obviously

Anon
Anon
Some kids legitimately deserve to go, some don\'t.
Your bender can be better than half the kids at events like these but if you're on a team that isn’t at the top of MHR every year and/or off the beaten path geographically you’ll never get invited. Don’t take it personally. The people who run these things are looking to maximize the talent while minimizing the work that goes into identifying that talent.

Guy above is correct. There are a couple of CCM guys that have different areas of the country and are supposed to vet the players. If you have done CCM tourneys before you are at a big advantage as they should have seen you if you were good enough. Coaches calling or better yet, knowing the CCM rep helps immensely. I believe they get mostly deserving picks although the obvious political picks cause chaos on the hockey forums. CCM/200 X 85 has lost their re****tion over the last couple of years with their connection picks in all of their development camp type offerings.

There will never be a camp where the true best of the best are all together. But it is the right of everyone to **** on the kids who have no business there. Especially when the daddies blow their way to Chicago to say their little midget bender is one of the best.
De

MFF coach all three sons. Need I say more

Are there better out there? yes, but those 3 can play with anyone. (Not a MFF person)

Anon
There will never be a camp where the true best of the best are all together. But it is the right of everyone to **** on the kids who have no business there. Especially when the daddies blow their way to Chicago to say their little midget bender is one of the best.
De
You are correct - per the 28th constitutional right, short, fat men who can’t see their micros have the right to rip on 14 year old boys.

25% of those 68 won’t play college hockey. If you take a look at the lists of 00s and see how they “developed” you’ll get the joke. For those who are going to Chicago, enjoy the hockey and work your ass off to be part of the 75%.

What is the point of a post like this? I'm sure many won't go on to play college hockey but some there were 7/8 years old. Should they be doing nothing ? Nasty nasty post.

Anon
25% of those 68 won’t play college hockey. If you take a look at the lists of 00s and see how they “developed” you’ll get the joke. For those who are going to Chicago, enjoy the hockey and work your ass off to be part of the 75%.
Are you on drugs ? All of those kids are playing college hockey from the 2000 group besides the few that went OHL and 1 other player that had family issues so stopped playing at a competitive level young. This player was also one of the top players on the west coast.

Anon
I think you are talking about the Brick Team

Sounds about right to me