email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

Youth Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: FED schedule

Anon
With Mid Fairfield leaving, this league is on the decline…
The FED still has junior eagles, terriers, islanders, kings and breakers right ?

BSB likely moving to PHL next season.

Anon
Anon
With Mid Fairfield leaving, this league is on the decline…
The FED still has junior eagles, terriers, islanders, kings and breakers right ?
Nobody is leaving the Fed hahaha. Looking at schedule right now.

Anon
Couple of organizations are leaving and going e9 so they're scrambling a bit.
Nope. Not 1 team going to the dreadful e9.

Anon
Wtf is taking so long this year ?
Relax Francis…coaches and programs have distributed schedules to families. If you don’t have your schedule ***** to your coach. I have rainbow kids at 09 & 12 and our coaches shared the schedule over the weekend.

Mid Fairfield not leaving Fed this year. It was confirmed by their own coaches at the CCM Summer Invite

Not leaving this year but they are leaving.

Anon
Not leaving this year but they are leaving.
Def not this year and according to multiple MFF coaches they will never leave.

Both MFF and MassConn in the short list of exit.

MFF going to a showcase format at all levels above U8

MassConn new ownership being forced into new Black Bear League for 23-24

Applications in from E9 programs to attempt to move to Fed as replacements

Haha, BSB to PHL….. Pathetic Hockey League

BA is the only E9 program worthy of the Fed and would be a huge upgrade over Mass Conn.

Anon
Anon
Wtf is taking so long this year ?
Relax Francis…coaches and programs have distributed schedules to families. If you don’t have your schedule ***** to your coach. I have rainbow kids at 09 & 12 and our coaches shared the schedule over the weekend.
Very cool and your coach deserves an award but it isn’t finalized so it’s kind of a waste of everyone’s time sending it out before it’s finalized and there will be some games that are different. Your kids schedule is games from September to March. You’re welcome.

I was with my kids coach today at the rink for some over priced skills session. I asked him if he heard about the league schedule and he was told by our director they are hoping to release no later than 8/23.

Anon
I was with my kids coach today at the rink for some over priced skills session. I asked him if he heard about the league schedule and he was told by our director they are hoping to release no later than 8/23.
EHF Twitter says no later than Aug 15th. I guess the E9 is better. Parity after Fed and still have the schedule before them.

So today is the day. Will they release the schedule as stated. Fed was the league with the earliest release of the schedule but have been beaten by E9. Is this the demise of the almighty Fed

You people are just dumb.

For years and years you argue about Fed vs e9.

Anyone take a look at the number of kids that went to u15 national camp? Overwhelming EHF from MA...like over 15 or 16 kids from EHF. And for New England it's overwhelming EHF as well.

I'd take a wild guess it is pretty much like this every year if you go back and look, and it will be like this next year for the 08's and the year after for the 09's then 10's etc...

Sun rises in the East, sets in the West, and regardless of what you idiots think the EHF has a much wider net of high quality youth players....every year at every age group defectors from e9 come over. Every now and then you will have a good e9 team that could be a top 4 ehf team at their age group.....then u14 comes along and they all scatter like rabbits to Whalers or Rats or Eagles. Rest are just fillers....like the side of pasta for your chicken parm.

Just stop talking about this.
It is settled.

ANON3

Anyone take a look at the number of kids that went to u15 national camp? Overwhelming EHF from MA...like over 15 or 16 kids from EHF. And for New England it's overwhelming EHF as well.

I'd take a wild guess it is pretty much like this every year if you go back and look, and it will be like this next year for the 08's and the year after for the 09's then 10's etc...

Sun rises in the East, sets in the West, and regardless of what you idiots think the EHF has a much wider net of high quality youth players....every year at every age group defectors from e9 come over. Every now and then you will have a good e9 team that could be a top 4 ehf team at their age group.....then u14 comes along and they all scatter like rabbits to Whalers or Rats or Eagles. Rest are just fillers....like the side of pasta for your chicken parm.

It is settled.
your right. If it wasn't for the kids coming from the E9 EHF would be crap.

anon
ANON3

Anyone take a look at the number of kids that went to u15 national camp? Overwhelming EHF from MA...like over 15 or 16 kids from EHF. And for New England it\'s overwhelming EHF as well.

I\'d take a wild guess it is pretty much like this every year if you go back and look, and it will be like this next year for the 08\'s and the year after for the 09\'s then 10\'s etc...

It is settled.
so basically all the Jr Bruins advantage '13, '14 and '15 kids will not end up playing for advantage one day soon? Mom and dad who live in Hingham or cohasset will have to shuffle them over to newton or some metrowest rink?

E9 is comin' for ya. Yeee hah. Or at least Advantage is coming for you. Don't underestimate what the wealthy south shore hockey folks can do.

anon
anon
ANON3

Anyone take a look at the number of kids that went to u15 national camp? Overwhelming EHF from MA...like over 15 or 16 kids from EHF. And for New England it\\\'s overwhelming EHF as well.

I\\\'d take a wild guess it is pretty much like this every year if you go back and look, and it will be like this next year for the 08\\\'s and the year after for the 09\\\'s then 10\\\'s etc...

It is settled.
your right. If it wasn\'t for the kids coming from the E9 EHF would be crap.
so basically all the Jr Bruins advantage '13, '14 and '15 kids will not end up playing for advantage one day soon? Mom and dad who live in Hingham or cohasset will have to shuffle them over to newton or some metrowest rink?

E9 is comin' for ya. Yeee hah. Or at least Advantage is coming for you. Don't underestimate what the wealthy south shore hockey folks can do.
Advantage should be in EHF. Sad when their 11 team can’t even play in the E9 11 division because it’s so weak yet in the EHF based on tourneys and things they would just he a good competitive team in that next tier after MidFF having to fight to make it to NESC weekend. The BA program is clearly a step above most E9 and EHF programs. Consistently the best skaters Top to bottom outside of MFF of any program in New England.

BA to EHF!
anon
anon
ANON3

Anyone take a look at the number of kids that went to u15 national camp? Overwhelming EHF from MA...like over 15 or 16 kids from EHF. And for New England it\\\\\\\'s overwhelming EHF as well.

I\\\\\\\'d take a wild guess it is pretty much like this every year if you go back and look, and it will be like this next year for the 08\\\\\\\'s and the year after for the 09\\\\\\\'s then 10\\\\\\\'s etc...

It is settled.
your right. If it wasn\\\'t for the kids coming from the E9 EHF would be crap.
so basically all the Jr Bruins advantage \'13, \'14 and \'15 kids will not end up playing for advantage one day soon? Mom and dad who live in Hingham or cohasset will have to shuffle them over to newton or some metrowest rink?

E9 is comin\' for ya. Yeee hah. Or at least Advantage is coming for you. Don\'t underestimate what the wealthy south shore hockey folks can do.
Advantage should be in EHF. Sad when their 11 team can’t even play in the E9 11 division because it’s so weak yet in the EHF based on tourneys and things they would just he a good competitive team in that next tier after MidFF having to fight to make it to NESC weekend. The BA program is clearly a step above most E9 and EHF programs. Consistently the best skaters Top to bottom outside of MFF of any program in New England.
The '14 BA team played up last year. This year they won't be and seems not good for them. But they have strong teams as far as the '13s, '14's, 15's go not to mention talent at the top (Lovell poulins kids, Adam gaudette, Alex Biegas kids are in the program, I could go on)

BA to EHF!
anon
anon
ANON3

Anyone take a look at the number of kids that went to u15 national camp? Overwhelming EHF from MA...like over 15 or 16 kids from EHF. And for New England it\\\\\\\'s overwhelming EHF as well.

I\\\\\\\'d take a wild guess it is pretty much like this every year if you go back and look, and it will be like this next year for the 08\\\\\\\'s and the year after for the 09\\\\\\\'s then 10\\\\\\\'s etc...

It is settled.
so basically all the Jr Bruins advantage \'13, \'14 and \'15 kids will not end up playing for advantage one day soon? Mom and dad who live in Hingham or cohasset will have to shuffle them over to newton or some metrowest rink?

E9 is comin\' for ya. Yeee hah. Or at least Advantage is coming for you. Don\'t underestimate what the wealthy south shore hockey folks can do.
advantage '13, '14, '15 teams would destroy the eagles, terriers, kings, islanders. Something needs to be done to keep them competitive without kids having to leave to play for other teams (if this even happens)...otherwise it's just BS.

anon
ANON3

Anyone take a look at the number of kids that went to u15 national camp? Overwhelming EHF from MA...like over 15 or 16 kids from EHF. And for New England it\'s overwhelming EHF as well.

I\'d take a wild guess it is pretty much like this every year if you go back and look, and it will be like this next year for the 08\'s and the year after for the 09\'s then 10\'s etc...

It is settled.
what exactly does the EHF have to offer that E9 doesnt? I know coaches for the eagles WHO NEVER PLAYED HOCKEY. Who would want that. The eagles aren't even that old/established of a team...why is Dave hymovitz such a hockey authority?

People in wellesley/newton/the W towns arent even enrolling their kids in hockey. They're too concerned with science and CTE.

Jr eagles is done. Their 2008 team is toast. What do they have?

anon
anon
ANON3

Anyone take a look at the number of kids that went to u15 national camp? Overwhelming EHF from MA...like over 15 or 16 kids from EHF. And for New England it\\\'s overwhelming EHF as well.

I\\\'d take a wild guess it is pretty much like this every year if you go back and look, and it will be like this next year for the 08\\\'s and the year after for the 09\\\'s then 10\\\'s etc...

It is settled.
what exactly does the EHF have to offer that E9 doesnt? I know coaches for the eagles WHO NEVER PLAYED HOCKEY. Who would want that. The eagles aren't even that old/established of a team...why is Dave hymovitz such a hockey authority?

People in wellesley/newton/the W towns arent even enrolling their kids in hockey. They're too concerned with science and CTE.

Why is David Hymovitz a hockey authority? Really? Why is anyone? Very similar career to Tim Lovell, and way better than Joe Lovell. Why are they authorities? Hymovitz had 135 career points at BC, he can coach my kid any day.
The Eagles have great 09 team do they not? Who coaches Eagles who never played hockey?

Steve Cedorchuk
anon
anon
ANON3

It is settled.
what exactly does the EHF have to offer that E9 doesnt? I know coaches for the eagles WHO NEVER PLAYED HOCKEY. Who would want that. The eagles aren\'t even that old/established of a team...why is Dave hymovitz such a hockey authority?

People in wellesley/newton/the W towns arent even enrolling their kids in hockey. They\'re too concerned with science and CTE.

Why is David Hymovitz a hockey authority? Really? Why is anyone? Very similar career to Tim Lovell, and way better than Joe Lovell. Why are they authorities? Hymovitz had 135 career points at BC, he can coach my kid any day.
The Eagles have great 09 team do they not? Who coaches Eagles who never played hockey?
joe rides Tim, that's pretty well known, but he knows what's up business wise as does his wife. They're not dumb when it comes to hockey...they also have people working there well versed in hockey/coaching.

I don't reallllly want to have to go there with naming the names here as far as the eagles coaches who haven't played hockey yet are coaching...but i will if you want me to. At the end of the day I'm not sure how badly a '14 coach needs to have played much hockey as long as they have a brain in their head and love the game but...

they also have a son on the team of course..which is the main reason for wanting this so so badly.

Hymo is barely a coach these days anyways. He might coach his kids team who is a '08...but that's it.

anon
anon
ANON3

It is settled.

I don't even have a kid that played for them but you are not very knowledgeable in the hockey circuit.

Go take a look at Nationals every year for the last decade. Eagles clearly the leader in MA. Occasionally will see a whalers or rats team but year in year out its Eagles. And hate or not or be jealous of the Range Rover parking lot they usually keep 70% of the team together from Mites on up. They do not just cut bait and move on...they are good to their kids.

I don't get it either they don't own a rink, they don't get more or less ice time and every org has good coaching. My guess is that they geographically have access to a lot more players than any other program.

And to the clown spouting off on how the Advantage are coming for ya.....dude your talking about one team and the rest of us are talking about an entire league. The EHF just has a better ladder to climb from youth to u18 and even jr. EHF kids get first crack at Whalers and Rats. Eagles will always pull a kid or two come u14 and u15 and those kids are always coming from EHF.

By u12 the better kids from e9 are gone except for maybe the advantage team....and by u16 unless you want to play at 2pm on a wednesday in front of 15 people on their full season team or academy team you are out of there as well and off to the Whalers or Rats.

Cry all you want....it has been this way forever regardless of how many new teams pop up. Stop fighting it...my guess is the only people fighting it are people whose kids have not been asked to play in the EHF yet or not been asked to play on whalers, rats or eagles.

ANON3
anon
anon
ANON3

It is settled.
what exactly does the EHF have to offer that E9 doesnt? I know coaches for the eagles WHO NEVER PLAYED HOCKEY. Who would want that. The eagles aren\'t even that old/established of a team...why is Dave hymovitz such a hockey authority?

People in wellesley/newton/the W towns arent even enrolling their kids in hockey. They\'re too concerned with science and CTE.

I don't even have a kid that played for them but you are not very knowledgeable in the hockey circuit.

Go take a look at Nationals every year for the last decade. Eagles clearly the leader in MA. Occasionally will see a whalers or rats team but year in year out its Eagles. And hate or not or be jealous of the Range Rover parking lot they usually keep 70% of the team together from Mites on up. They do not just cut bait and move on...they are good to their kids.

I don't get it either they don't own a rink, they don't get more or less ice time and every org has good coaching. My guess is that they geographically have access to a lot more players than any other program.

And to the clown spouting off on how the Advantage are coming for ya.....dude your talking about one team and the rest of us are talking about an entire league. The EHF just has a better ladder to climb from youth to u18 and even jr. EHF kids get first crack at Whalers and Rats. Eagles will always pull a kid or two come u14 and u15 and those kids are always coming from EHF.

By u12 the better kids from e9 are gone except for maybe the advantage team....and by u16 unless you want to play at 2pm on a wednesday in front of 15 people on their full season team or academy team you are out of there as well and off to the Whalers or Rats.

Cry all you want....it has been this way forever regardless of how many new teams pop up. Stop fighting it...my guess is the only people fighting it are people whose kids have not been asked to play in the EHF yet or not been asked to play on whalers, rats or eagles.
Do you not get that things change? hockey demographics are changing. The 2014 elite eagles coach is desperate for players but clearly he is seeking out players. Maybe he'll have what he needs by the time they're in middle school or high school, who knows. The Eagles are not the only team to play for. They do seem to have a solid re****tion but again not all parents are going to want to commute to newton for hockey. The eagles are in between south shore and north shore so maybe that is the sweet spot. Still not an easy area for everyone to go to.

What happened to the eagles 08 team btw? Their players seemed to peak when they were 9 years old.

There's definitely a good amount of middle class families whose kids play for the eagles as well...

ANON3
anon
anon
ANON3

It is settled.

The Eagles 2014 coach/dad totally poaches people at tournaments. He has gotten people to move up to MA convincing them the hockey in their state stinks and their kid will be in the NHL if they sell their house/leave their life and move to MA so their 2014 can play on the eagles. It happened. Very good salesman or just crazy people.

anon
anon
ANON3

It is settled.

How is the 2008 team toast? Some great players moved on and some great players moved in.

lol it's pretty clear that this forum is heavily filled with EHF parents particularly eagles parents.