Youth Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Spring & Summer Tourney Request To All Parenta

Anon
Anon
1 - Tourneys are a waste of time, energy and money. Yes the kids love them but parents are starting to figure out that no development occurs.

2 - Social Media likes are getting less and less on those posts of your kid at the rink in the summer. People do not care the Little Mikey is at a ****ty tournament and had a
Goal.

3 - Coaches need to stop with all these tournaments.

4 - Tourney directors are s***. Get a life.

So what exactly gets kids to develop? I think playing the game is certainly a way to get more development and experience. Probably more so than some of these fancy skills drop ins and or $500 2-3 day weekend with coaches from other schools who really have little to no investment in the kids.
I think if you watched the CCM last weekend you would agree that the hockey was subpar

Anon
Anon
Anon
1 - Tourneys are a waste of time, energy and money. Yes the kids love them but parents are starting to figure out that no development occurs.

2 - Social Media likes are getting less and less on those posts of your kid at the rink in the summer. People do not care the Little Mikey is at a ****ty tournament and had a
Goal.

So what exactly gets kids to develop? I think playing the game is certainly a way to get more development and experience. Probably more so than some of these fancy skills drop ins and or $500 2-3 day weekend with coaches from other schools who really have little to no investment in the kids.
I think if you watched the CCM last weekend you would agree that the hockey was subpar
Wasnt subpar in the 2011s at all

If a 12’s team won it then yes it was subpar

Anon
Lol and who are you to say that?

Anon
That 12 team beat top 11 full season teams all last year and had 3 top 11s from the same org with them at the CCM. Sorry your kid is a bender and you can’t handle good hockey.

Sam Malone
Anon
Anon
Anon

Goal.

My 2011 son plays BHL and did well at ccm. It was similar to good BHL game

Problem with the ccm is there should have been 2 divisions. There were 8 teams that could play and 6 teams that couldn’t. Not sure there was AAA and AA in other age groups and not in 11 age group.

Anon
Sam Malone
Anon
Anon
Anon

Goal.

Lol there were no similarities to any BHL game whatsoever. It was all E9, fed elite and some platinum. Your son was maybe one of 3 BHL players in the tournament

Alex Reiger
Anon
Sam Malone
Anon
Anon
Anon

Goal.

Lol there were no similarities to any BHL game whatsoever. It was all E9, fed elite and some platinum. Your son was maybe one of 3 BHL players in the tournament
I watched the tourney. It was "similar" to cold broccoli. Just ok.

CCM was ok. Warrior 11’s we’re def subpar

Lebo
CCM was ok. Warrior 11’s we’re def subpar
So you were at both tournaments then?

Sam Malone
Anon
Anon
Anon

Goal.

U15 was pathetic, 1 decent team and a bunch of kids who should’ve went to football practice.

Kids should be playing 40-50 games over the summer. That is when true development really starts. Putting your kid in skills and skating over the summer is such a waste. People need to realize this

Ah yes Summer Tournaments...the McDonalds drive through of hockey. It's quick, cheap and fills you up but in the end it's just not healthy. So you und up feelng like bloated tick full of regret.

Anon
Ah yes Summer Tournaments...the McDonalds drive through of hockey. It's quick, cheap and fills you up but in the end it's just not healthy. So you und up feelng like bloated tick full of regret.
so should kids not do anything all summer?

If you believe bad hockey tournaments is the only activity for kids during the summer you’re a meathead and for your kids sake stop being the problem!

Anon
If you believe bad hockey tournaments is the only activity for kids during the summer you’re a meathead and for your kids sake stop being the problem!
No one said that fool. My kids are at the beach now. I just think it's ridiculous how against people are of summer hockey tourneys. Dont do them if you dont want to! Other people enjoy them.

Why the hell would you care what activities someone has their kid in?

anon
Anon
Ah yes Summer Tournaments...the McDonalds drive through of hockey. It\'s quick, cheap and fills you up but in the end it\'s just not healthy. So you und up feelng like bloated tick full of regret.
0 Tourneys - Cool club daddy
1-2 Tourneys - Normal club daddy
3-4 Tourneys - Loser club daddy
5+ Tourneys - This daddy type needs medication. They likely have Fomo and pretend to know hockey. Tiny ball sack. Cause problems on the many full season teams his kid skates with. Starts rumors. Should be slapped.

anon
Anon
Ah yes Summer Tournaments...the McDonalds drive through of hockey. It\'s quick, cheap and fills you up but in the end it\'s just not healthy. So you und up feelng like bloated tick full of regret.
Nobody said do nothing. Just lose the bone er for summer hockey bud.

If this is the militia cup I want a refund. You wasted mine and my daughters time this weekend with this hack tournament. If she doesn’t come home with one of those plastic trophies tomorrow I’m gonna be ****ed.

Are you serious.

With the money you are hauling in you can’t possibly be complaining about having to do some work.

If it s too much work for you then stop doing them.

Yeah right.

How’s the militia cup next weekend shaping up?