email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

Youth Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Kids who are in skills all summer

Anon
In general the people that post everything on Instagram and Facebook are the people whose kids really are not that good. They just want everyone to think their kid is good. If you win a tournament post some pics but nobody wants to know that little Johnny had 2 goals and 2 assists in a ****ty tournament game.
I think scoring goals can be noteworthy. Not saying it needs to go up on instagram...but it's possible to lose a game but still played well.

Anon
In general the people that post everything on Instagram and Facebook are the people whose kids really are not that good. They just want everyone to think their kid is good. If you win a tournament post some pics but nobody wants to know that little Johnny had 2 goals and 2 assists in a ****ty tournament game.
The best is the parents who post goal video's of little Johnny skating with his head down, not head manning the puck.

Just unfollow them and stop worrying about others, you will be happier.

Unfollowing and not paying attention is easier said than done. There's tons of people who post brag posts about anything on social media all day. Many of us would have very little friends if we unfollowed everybody who did that.

I agree that I think most folks who have their kids in hockey these days could afford to send them to Canada for a week long skills camp. Most people who aren't high earners or really into hockey never considered putting their kids in hockey in the first place. I know one mom who said they couldn't afford a hockey academy tuition but they seems to easily afford out of state and country teams/tournaments.

Anon
Unfollowing and not paying attention is easier said than done. There's tons of people who post brag posts about anything on social media all day. Many of us would have very little friends if we unfollowed everybody who did that.

I agree that I think most folks who have their kids in hockey these days could afford to send them to Canada for a week long skills camp. Most people who aren't high earners or really into hockey never considered putting their kids in hockey in the first place. I know one mom who said they couldn't afford a hockey academy tuition but they seems to easily afford out of state and country teams/tournaments.
Unfollowing is very easy. Delete Instagram, Facebook, Twitter from your phone and live your life not others. So by your comments you have no friends if you don't have social media? So you would lose friends in real life not pretend social media life?

Don't unfollow people, just quit social media. You will be much happier unless you replace the need for constant info streams with the news media. Then you should just #rope. There is a great big world out there worth enjoying that doesn't involve other people's daily lives streaming into your eyeballs all day long and every day.

Namaste

You must be new here to be calling out by name. I’m confused are the parents not good people? Seems like the kid is getting an experience this summer. Or is the problem that they’re posting ?