Visit The DBoard Online Store - https://www.cafepress.com/icehockeydboard

Click Here to Visit Our Facebook Page

email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

Youth Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Jr Warrior Showcase

We are new to an e9 2009 team playing in our first tournament. Is it normal to play just your regular season teams in a tournament? We are playing 3 of 4 games against our regular season opponents. Seems like a waste of a good August weekend.

Re: Jr Warrior Showcase

Well, looking at the schedule, the only teams from the e9 are the Patriots, Warriors, Rangers, Americans, and Knights...all teams in the e9 last season.

Seems like a pretty crappy tournament, but I guess a good warmup for when games start?

Enjoy the **** show I guess....

Waste of time.

Anon
Well, looking at the schedule, the only teams from the e9 are the Patriots, Warriors, Rangers, Americans, and Knights...all teams in the e9 last season.

Seems like a pretty crappy tournament, but I guess a good warmup for when games start?

Why would this be a crappy tournament if these are the teams they will be going up against during the season?

This is a well run tournament and there are at least 2 Canadian teams coming down for most divisions on top of E9 teams should be pretty good competition to get ready for the season.

anon
Anon

Why would this be a crappy tournament if these are the teams they will be going up against during the season?
If you enjoy playing teams you are going to see 2-4 more times this year then sure, it's a good tournament. Most kids/parents/coaches I know prefer to play tournaments against teams you normally wouldn't get a chance to play.