Visit The DBoard Online Store - https://www.cafepress.com/icehockeydboard

Click Here to Visit Our Facebook Page

email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

Youth Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Watch The Game More, Don’t Talk About The Kids

Older gentleman w/ dark colored U Maine Hockey jacket walked up to some parents at Boston breakout. He put his arm around one of them and says “Do yourself a favor and watch the game more, don’t talk about the kids”. A bunch of chatter went on consisting of “mind your own business” “*******” etc. The U Maine guy never reacted or said anything back. Group of dads continued chatting, badmouthing kids, criticizing, etc. Something about the way the U Maine said what he said and walked away stuck with me. Anyone know who he was?

Re: Watch The Game More, Don’t Talk About The Kids

A genius. Obi-Wan Kenobi maybe?

no idea, but sounds like a wise man

I know he who is. Grandparent of a player on a local team who has hockey experience. He stood next to group of Dads who were questioning their own coach and talking trash about kids. After one of the dads made fun of a kid being slow he had to say something. He heard the comments back his way and just moved on.

It's crazy that parents would be talking trash about kids right there in the rink with other parents. You do that on the car ride home.

The ghost of Red Gendron

anon
The ghost of Red Gendron
Red always said “My job is that when you leave college you are not only a better hockey player but also a great person”.

anon
The ghost of Red Gendron
“The game of hockey is pure, don’t cheat it.”

Heard it all weekend from our own parents. Criticize until the cows come home. Ill remember this post and be happy I found useful info on the DB.