email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

Youth Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Team Gear

Anon
so if my daughter just so happens to play for the womens national team, do i not wear her gear? what if you have lets say a family member that plays for PC for instance... is this still not allowed? its called pride... have some! or how about this, this may suit you better...kneel down outside any public restroom... tilt your head back, open wide... and be a good little dumpster! ******* loser!
No.

It’s weird.

I do t care where your kid plays. Don’t wear the merch. I know plenty of dads whose kids shower them with nhl merch. They wear it in the yard. Not in public. Because they feel that they are trying to start a conversation just to say that their kid plays in the show.

Do take that mentality and apply it to youth and high school sports.

It’s weird. Be proud. Support your kid and their team.

Stop looking for attention.

So let me get this straight: You want people to wear a shirt supporting teams and players that they have no affiliation with simply because they live in a certain City/State/Region yet they’re not allowed to show support for the team their child is on? Project your insecurities much? If you feel so strongly about the situation, I’m sure dad would gladly be willing to hash out your differences.

I want my parents wearing the team merch. Looks good. Shows pride.

anon
Dads............ Please stop wearing your daughter's teams merch. You look like a doosh and I am embarrassed for you every time you walk by me. It's a bad look. Go to Dicks and pick up a Pats or Celts T-Shirt instead.
Insecure in your sexuality. It's ok to wear it we already know your in the closet.

anon
Dads............ Please stop wearing your daughter's teams merch. You look like a doosh and I am embarrassed for you every time you walk by me. It's a bad look. Go to Dicks and pick up a Pats or Celts T-Shirt instead.
Seems weird to care about this but goes a bit with the trend on here, caring about stuff that doesn’t affect you. who cares if the dad, grampa, little brother, or uncle wants to wear the team merch? You want them to wear merch of a team they may not even follow… I’m sure it makes some kids happy to see their fam wearing it.

anon
Dads............ Please stop wearing your daughter\'s teams merch. You look like a doosh and I am embarrassed for you every time you walk by me. It\'s a bad look. Go to Dicks and pick up a Pats or Celts T-Shirt instead.
Everyone knows you wear your son’s team jacket.

Do you even have kids that weren't cut? Maybe your nieces, nephews or grandkids don't want you to be seen as representing their team.

parents wearing youth hockey sway looks silly

Of all the things in the world to worry about I'm not sure why anyone cares about this. There are far worse things to wear. How about swag with where you work logos?

anon
This guy definitely sucks, but he is not completely wrong. Parents are way too involved for a child's game, and this just further compounds it. It is great to support your kids and their endeavors. It is not great to wear the jacket, study the standings, forecast the future potential of other kids, and self-identify as a hockey parent first and foremost. After squirts parents need to let it go and create their own self-worth. Now go look in the mirror and say something nice to yourself, you are worth more than your kid's hobby.

I know a couple dads that live through their kids program. Terrible people. They also wear Bauer jackets but never played the game.

Anon
I know a couple dads that live through their kids program. Terrible people. They also wear Bauer jackets but never played the game.
And this makes them bad people you ass clown?

Anon
Bauer apparel is comfortable as hell. Wearing a team hate or something understated seems fine. Getting a sublimated sweatshirt or anything with your kid’s name and number is just weird. But give me the plain Bauer warmups and jackers all day. They have extra room for us fattys!

So
Anon
Bauer apparel is comfortable as hell. Wearing a team hate or something understated seems fine. Getting a sublimated sweatshirt or anything with your kid’s name and number is just weird. But give me the plain Bauer warmups and jackers all day. They have extra room for us fattys!
The only thing worst than team merch is plain Bauer jackets.

All that tells us is that you want to be recognized as a hockey dad but your kids team is so bad you don’t want anyone knowing what team they are affiliated with. Pathetic.

The plain jacket is bottom of the barrel for rink apparel. Below team jacket by leaps and bounds.

And the team jacket is unacceptable for any man that isn’t coaching at the time they are wearing it.

Why would this only apply to daughters? I am a dad who also chooses not to wear any of his sons teams gear either. High School, sure. Not club teams though.

OP here. Lot's of Upper Gold and BHL parent's rocking the team gear I see. CONGRATS!!! Don't let me take that away from you. You should advertise your kids mediocrity every chance you get. No matter what you say or what justifications you have, If I see you in the rink with an Islanders or a breakers hoodie and you are under 18 you are a looooooooosah. I will give coaches a pass but that is borderline embarrassing too. look presentable.

anon
OP here. Lot's of Upper Gold and BHL parent's rocking the team gear I see. CONGRATS!!! Don't let me take that away from you. You should advertise your kids mediocrity every chance you get. No matter what you say or what justifications you have, If I see you in the rink with an Islanders or a breakers hoodie and you are under 18 you are a looooooooosah. I will give coaches a pass but that is borderline embarrassing too. look presentable.
Wait, so you can cross dress in your wifeys oversized bloomers, but I’m the loser for wearing a team hoodie?