Youth Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: BHL

Anon
Anon
EHF troll as usual, leaves out E9 teams went 5-3-1 vs EHF across all age divisions. One loss coming from a BHL team that won the BHL parity to get into the E9 this season.

There were several E9 teams that did pretty well.

12 Railers 5-0-1
12 Warriors 4-1
12 Wizards 4-1

11 BA 3-1-1
11 Avalanche 2-2-1

10 Patriots 3-1-1
10 BA 3-1-1
10 Americans 2-2-1

09 Warriors 3-1-1
09 Spartans 2-2-1
09 Patriots 2-2-1

U16 Patriots 4-0
U16 Spartans 3-0-1
U16 Wizards 2-1-1

E9 is a solid league anyone that says otherwise has an agenda they are pushing.
No agenda, just experience

My sons and daughter have played in all 3 leagues EHF, E9, BHL

Overall EHF elite is faster, better talent and better rinks than E9.

EHF E
EHF-P = E9
EHF UGold = BHL American
EHF LGold = BHL national

Of course there are kids who can play up or should play down in any league, but if you take the average talent of the league then EHF elite is better.
There is not one Upper Gold team that can play with BHL American teams. And I mean they wouldn't come withing 5 goals. This notion that E9 = Platinum is ridiculous. Is there a Platinum team that can beat a lower level E9 team in certain age groups? Absolutely, but generally speaking, they are 100% not comparable to the E9.

anon
Anon
Anon
EHF troll as usual, leaves out E9 teams went 5-3-1 vs EHF across all age divisions. One loss coming from a BHL team that won the BHL parity to get into the E9 this season.

12 Railers 5-0-1
12 Warriors 4-1
12 Wizards 4-1

11 BA 3-1-1
11 Avalanche 2-2-1

10 Patriots 3-1-1
10 BA 3-1-1
10 Americans 2-2-1

09 Warriors 3-1-1
09 Spartans 2-2-1
09 Patriots 2-2-1

U16 Patriots 4-0
U16 Spartans 3-0-1
U16 Wizards 2-1-1

EHF E
EHF-P = E9
EHF UGold = BHL American
EHF LGold = BHL national

Of course there are kids who can play up or should play down in any league, but if you take the average talent of the league then EHF elite is better.
There is not one Upper Gold team that can play with BHL American teams. And I mean they wouldn't come withing 5 goals. This notion that E9 = Platinum is ridiculous. Is there a Platinum team that can beat a lower level E9 team in certain age groups? Absolutely, but generally speaking, they are 100% not comparable to the E9.
I have first hand experience with this. You are so wrong. E9 is good. Platinum is good. Very similar after top 2 e9 teams.

anon
Anon
Anon

12 Railers 5-0-1
12 Warriors 4-1
12 Wizards 4-1

11 BA 3-1-1
11 Avalanche 2-2-1

10 Patriots 3-1-1
10 BA 3-1-1
10 Americans 2-2-1

09 Warriors 3-1-1
09 Spartans 2-2-1
09 Patriots 2-2-1

U16 Patriots 4-0
U16 Spartans 3-0-1
U16 Wizards 2-1-1

EHF E
EHF-P = E9
EHF UGold = BHL American
EHF LGold = BHL national

There are plenty of upper gold teams that would beat bhl American teams. You are delusional if you think otherwise

Anon

12 Railers 5-0-1
12 Warriors 4-1
12 Wizards 4-1

11 BA 3-1-1
11 Avalanche 2-2-1

10 Patriots 3-1-1
10 BA 3-1-1
10 Americans 2-2-1

09 Warriors 3-1-1
09 Spartans 2-2-1
09 Patriots 2-2-1

U16 Patriots 4-0
U16 Spartans 3-0-1
U16 Wizards 2-1-1

You conveniently left out The 09 Seahawks E9 losing to the Kings Platinum team

Jimmy from Southie
Anon

12 Railers 5-0-1
12 Warriors 4-1
12 Wizards 4-1

11 BA 3-1-1
11 Avalanche 2-2-1

10 Patriots 3-1-1
10 BA 3-1-1
10 Americans 2-2-1

09 Warriors 3-1-1
09 Spartans 2-2-1
09 Patriots 2-2-1

U16 Patriots 4-0
U16 Spartans 3-0-1
U16 Wizards 2-1-1

You conveniently left out The 09 Seahawks E9 losing to the Kings Platinum team
And you are conveniently leaving out that the same Seahawks team tied CJR who beat TG Elite.

And that VJW beat the Islanders elite.

09 age group has a lot of parity between the 2 leagues outside of the top 2 or 3 EHF elite teams.

Anon

12 Railers 5-0-1
12 Warriors 4-1
12 Wizards 4-1

11 BA 3-1-1
11 Avalanche 2-2-1

10 Patriots 3-1-1
10 BA 3-1-1
10 Americans 2-2-1

09 Warriors 3-1-1
09 Spartans 2-2-1
09 Patriots 2-2-1

U16 Patriots 4-0
U16 Spartans 3-0-1
U16 Wizards 2-1-1

14U Glades 3-1-1

Just look at MHR last year for any of these debates. Clearly EHF has a bunch of teams higher ranked in every division.

I can tell you this as someone whose kid played his entire youth career in the BHL.

It was a combination of location. Coaching and skills that were offered as well as a decent team that only lost a handful of games over a five or six year period.

Was asked numerous times to play elsewhere.

When he got older and started playing with kids from all over the country I can unequivocally tell you this. The vast majority of the EHF kids were on the lower end.

The top few kids on his teams did not play EHF and my kid was surprised at how bad some of the kids and teams were that were EHF lifers.

I understand that it comes down to individual kids. So parents comparing BHL to lower ehf teams. Wait a few years. You will no longer be telling parents that your kid played in the fed and lots of those BHL kids look down on those ehf kids now.

I can think of a good handful of dads who played pro hockey and now have their kids playing for BA. Two are nhl scouts today. I don't think they'd have their kids play for BA if it were a bad program (as everyone here tried to make it out to be) and yes their kids are good.

I know there are former NHL guys who have kids in the EHF too so yes it works both ways...but the EHF isn't some magical unicorn that is the only thing chosen.

anon
I can think of a good handful of dads who played pro hockey and now have their kids playing for BA. Two are nhl scouts today. I don't think they'd have their kids play for BA if it were a bad program (as everyone here tried to make it out to be) and yes their kids are good.

I know there are former NHL guys who have kids in the EHF too so yes it works both ways...but the EHF isn't some magical unicorn that is the only thing chosen.
BA is different than rest of E9. However those of us on the NorthShore or MetroWest it’s not really an option. Personally I think the E9 has been hurt by their scheduling. Having the option to play more games against a core group of teams and know the schedule in Early August vs the sh*tshow that is the E9 with parity and new “core” teams being added yearly it seems to the point of it being the E12 ay some age groups is an issue.

Correct
anon
I can think of a good handful of dads who played pro hockey and now have their kids playing for BA. Two are nhl scouts today. I don\'t think they\'d have their kids play for BA if it were a bad program (as everyone here tried to make it out to be) and yes their kids are good.

I know there are former NHL guys who have kids in the EHF too so yes it works both ways...but the EHF isn\'t some magical unicorn that is the only thing chosen.
BA is different than rest of E9. However those of us on the NorthShore or MetroWest it’s not really an option. Personally I think the E9 has been hurt by their scheduling. Having the option to play more games against a core group of teams and know the schedule in Early August vs the sh*tshow that is the E9 with parity and new “core” teams being added yearly it seems to the point of it being the E12 ay some age groups is an issue.
I think a lot of parents wish BA played some of the EHF teams (like IHC and BJE) for the better competition, but that's also why they do tournaments. There are opportunities to play better teams there...and a lot of the kids do JR Bruins if they make the team.

Correct
anon
I can think of a good handful of dads who played pro hockey and now have their kids playing for BA. Two are nhl scouts today. I don\'t think they\'d have their kids play for BA if it were a bad program (as everyone here tried to make it out to be) and yes their kids are good.

I know there are former NHL guys who have kids in the EHF too so yes it works both ways...but the EHF isn\'t some magical unicorn that is the only thing chosen.
location is a big part of it as you say. I see people here say things like, oh your kid would never make BJE! I know at this point in time my kid would make BJE but we are on the south shore and have more than 1 kid so that would be a bad commute. I am not sure why others here don't understand that, but it seems like they don't. IHC is also a good program but again, if you're on the south shore - no. SSK I personally don't think is a good program anymore. A lot of it comes down to opinion as well.

Anon
I can tell you this as someone whose kid played his entire youth career in the BHL.

It was a combination of location. Coaching and skills that were offered as well as a decent team that only lost a handful of games over a five or six year period.

When he got older and started playing with kids from all over the country I can unequivocally tell you this. The vast majority of the EHF kids were on the lower end.

The top few kids on his teams did not play EHF and my kid was surprised at how bad some of the kids and teams were that were EHF lifers.

I understand that it comes down to individual kids. So parents comparing BHL to lower ehf teams. Wait a few years. You will no longer be telling parents that your kid played in the fed and lots of those BHL kids look down on those ehf kids now.
You lie quite a bit and that's ok.

Slashy
Anon

You lie quite a bit and that's ok.
Let me know which parts you think are lies.

Otherwise. Believe what you want.

I have been through it.

Jimmy, you should delete this thread. You are like a Bully that talked smack and then got put in his place. Ouch.

ANON:
Jimmy, you should delete this thread. You are like a Bully that talked smack and then got put in his place. Ouch.
No mention of the Seahawks 09 E9 team losing to the Kings Platinum

The seahawks are not a good team. Who cares if they lost to SSK.

anon
The seahawks are not a good team. Who cares if they lost to SSK.
How are the 2011 Seahawks.?

The 2011 team are a BHL National team like your ehf gold teams they are not good.

BHL is close to Fed upper gold. It’s ok hockey. Anyone who thinks BHL is a good league is an idiot.

Lol here come the lower Fed parents…

EHF Gold and below is not good hockey.
BHL National also not good hockey.

BHL American is equal to EHF platinum depending on the age one or the other could be a little stronger.

E9 is pretty equal to EHF elite minus the top 1-3 teams depending on age that destroy the rest of the league.

There are some stronger BHL American and EHF platinum teams that can beat bottom 2 of EHF elite or E9 teams.

The gold parents thinking they can compete with BHL American teams is laughable.

arent there teams that are part of the E9 and BHL? For some reason I thought BA was part of both?

BA’s select (2) team would be in the BHL.

Anon
Lol here come the lower Fed parents…

EHF Gold and below is not good hockey.
BHL National also not good hockey.

BHL American is equal to EHF platinum depending on the age one or the other could be a little stronger.

E9 is pretty equal to EHF elite minus the top 1-3 teams depending on age that destroy the rest of the league.

There are some stronger BHL American and EHF platinum teams that can beat bottom 2 of EHF elite or E9 teams.

The gold parents thinking they can compete with BHL American teams is laughable.

You are delusional. Every upper gold team I’ve seen would beat any BHL American team? Why would you possibly think that

who are some of these BHL teams?

Let’s just go by some of last year’s games…

2011 Patriots Select team (11-9-3 in BHL American) beat 2011 Manchester Flames Platinum team (3rd place and made final 4) 3-1

That same Flames team only beat a BHL National team Casco Bay 2-1

2011 Patriots Select BHL team also beat North Stars Platinum team 2-0.

Anon
Let’s just go by some of last year’s games…

2011 Patriots Select team (11-9-3 in BHL American) beat 2011 Manchester Flames Platinum team (3rd place and made final 4) 3-1

That same Flames team only beat a BHL National team Casco Bay 2-1

2011 Patriots Select BHL team also beat North Stars Platinum team 2-0.

Spend some time on the toilet and look into the hundreds of examples that go the other way of EHF teams at all levels beating up on E9 times. You are a joke and your examples are not a deep look into what is real.

Lol source trust me bro

Anon
Lol source trust me bro
Bro. You must be from poor part of town?

#1 Fed Elite
#2 Fed Plat & E9
#4 Fed UG, BHL A, PHL, VHL E
#8 Fed LG & BHL N
#10 VHL Not Elite

It depends what team. I'm on the south shore and I'd pick BA over BB or BSB. Awful programs, particularly at the development level.

People can try to post this nonsense all they want doesn’t make it true…

Anon
#1 Fed Elite
#2 Fed Plat & E9
#4 Fed UG, BHL A, PHL, VHL E
#8 Fed LG & BHL N
#10 VHL Not Elite

I have never even heard of some of these

Imagine caring this much about comparing your kids league to other leagues. Drop your kid off at hockey and take your fat tookis to the gym. Here comes the "sorry your kid plays town" from a baby dik daddy.

If EHF itself was that great BA would not be in business. Anyone who skates for BA could easily skate for BSB, bb or BJT.

I just want to thank everyone on this thread for all of the time you’ve committed to this discussion and for finally settling this years-long debate

Haha . I hope you are talking about the BA kids playing on gold teams and not the elite teams.

It is amazing parents keep debating EHF vs E9/BHL every year. It is a fact that EHF has a larger share of top players, but the reality is the vast majority of players on the EHF elite and E9 teams will not play on the top 2 or 3 teams when it comes U14 and above. Nobody cares where you played at mite/squirt/peewee. Just have faith in whatever works for your family, be patient and enjoy the ride.

I didn't even know what EHF or E9 was until i came to this forum. We chose a program we knew people working at and was close to our house. My kids are young and i'm more focused on how they are playing, do they like the sport, their coach, their teammates. One of my kids also plays on a spring club team that he had to try out for as well so yes he's pretty good at this point. On this team there are kids from both E9 and EHF teams. I think it's rather unpleasant how E9 gets so many put downs though.

Because his friends are there and they enjoy playing hockey together? Do you honestly think that your kid is going to a better beer league team than the other kids?

ALL I KNOW IS THAT THERE ARE MORE FED MOMS THAT SWALLOW THAN BHL ONES. FACTS.

Milk jug from the Providence platinum team with 2 kids on the utter at all times def swallows…

This thread is pure (lower) gold. 100% would read again.