Youth Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: If you don’t post it on social media it didn’t happen

sorry your kid got cut Karen

Meh my kid didn't get cut (I'm not the OP) but people do up some obnoxious things on social sometimes to brag.

Let dumb people do dumb things. It makes it easier to know who is who.

Anon
sorry your kid got cut Karen
Nice call loser. Where did I write my kid got cut? Read, comprehend, then reply. Great job assuming. How many posts this weekend did you go with?

Some parents feel the need to post about it on social every time their kid gets a goal.

Suck it up my friends... like it or not these are the times we live in. social media is the norm now. we either accept it and move on, or cry about it and well, move on ****ed... either way, move on!

Why do you care what other people are doing? It probably wouldn’t bother you if your kid didn’t get cut from that team or was good enough to play on it. Don’t be a Karen!

Anon
Why do you care what other people are doing? It probably wouldn’t bother you if your kid didn’t get cut from that team or was good enough to play on it. Don’t be a Karen!
why do people always ask this? Maybe because when people log in on social media they get tired of seeing people bragging about their kids?

anon
Anon
why do people always ask this? Maybe because when people log in on social media they get tired of seeing people bragging about their kids?

It's called using the unfollow or unfriend button. Or if you're that tired of it stop going on social media. You're not going to change those type people. All you can do is change your behavior if it bothers you that much.

Anon
anon
Anon

It's called using the unfollow or unfriend button. Or if you're that tired of it stop going on social media. You're not going to change those type people. All you can do is change your behavior if it bothers you that much.
I agree. Social media in general can be irritating and is mostly filled with people bragging about anything from vacations to new homes to kids sports. The worst is parents who manage accounts for their 8 year old hockey players now. Whole other level.

It's just not my personality to brag about anything especially because there are so many people on my friend list who I haven't seen in 10-15 years.

I also think posting pics of kids can bring people together again. I have a lot of friends who have kids playing hockey and it's something to talk about it.

Anon
Another win! Another goal for Mikey! Hockey all day! Hard work lead to 3 goals this weekend!
I agree. We need more posts about apple picking, beach days, birthday parties, politics. Sharing your kids highlights is played out. The memories we should be saving on social media, need not be achievements or milestones, instead we should celebrate the mundane everyday nonsense. Goals, wins and achievements only breed jealousy.

Some people don't feel the need to post anything on social media. Those are my people.

Social media has become stupid.

Me and my kid enjoy pulling up the old highlights every once in a while. Grandparents love seeing them too. It's the easiest way I've found to catalog some of the best childhood memories... considering I break a phone every 6-8 months and don't back anything up on the cloud.