Click Here to Visit Our Facebook Page

email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

Youth Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: 2010 "Elite" Breakers

I’m willing to bet if every player that lives in the Breakers jurisdiction stayed and played for the breakers, instead of chasing a better team. The breakers 2010 team would be highly competitive, if not one of the better teams in the league.

Anon
I’m willing to bet if every player that lives in the Breakers jurisdiction stayed and played for the breakers, instead of chasing a better team. The breakers 2010 team would be highly competitive, if not one of the better teams in the league.
well they clearly 'chase' other teams because they don't want to play for the Breakers.

The EHF teams are most certainly not distributed well.

South Shore King
Imagine paying $4,000 to play for the 2010 "Elite" Breakers

0-5

Outscored 52 - 5
Back to the original topic - as this has been the most entertained I have been in a while

What do you think goes through parents minds when they sign up for the 2010 Elite Breakers?

Anon
South Shore King
Imagine paying $4,000 to play for the 2010 \"Elite\" Breakers

0-5

Outscored 52 - 5
Back to the original topic - as this has been the most entertained I have been in a while

What do you think goes through parents minds when they sign up for the 2010 Elite Breakers?
Many signed up for tier 1 and are being asked to play games for elite, cause they didnt have enough players.

Breakers is a girls program, the boys side of it is a cash grab at most years.

Anon
Anon
South Shore King
Imagine paying $4,000 to play for the 2010 \\\"Elite\\\" Breakers

0-5

Outscored 52 - 5

Many signed up for tier 1 and are being asked to play games for elite, cause they didnt have enough players.

Breakers is a girls program, the boys side of it is a cash grab at most years.
Most of the people who play for the Breakers live in the area. Many come from Marshfield, Duxbury, Plymouth, Pembroke, Kingston. 4k is probably a drop in the bucket for many of them. Some of them have to wonder what they are paying for though when so many of the teams stink. It's not just the 2010 team that is bad. I think they assume it must be a good program because of the cost and that it's part of EHF.

Those Breaker kids are still playing against the best talent around, I think I'd rather have my kid play first or second line for them then get minimal playing time on one of the top teams.

Anon
Those Breaker kids are still playing against the best talent around, I think I'd rather have my kid play first or second line for them then get minimal playing time on one of the top teams.
Ok breaker dad.

What good does it do if they are constantly losing and barely touching the puck?

re
Anon
Those Breaker kids are still playing against the best talent around, I think I\'d rather have my kid play first or second line for them then get minimal playing time on one of the top teams.
Ok breaker dad.

What good does it do if they are constantly losing and barely touching the puck?
Probably a response from the goalies dad or someone who is a first time Elite player HahAHa

Anon
re
Anon
Those Breaker kids are still playing against the best talent around, I think I\\\'d rather have my kid play first or second line for them then get minimal playing time on one of the top teams.
Ok breaker dad.

Probably a response from the goalies dad or someone who is a first time Elite player HahAHa
??

Sounds like you know what’s going on with this roster. You must be the goalies dad from last season that got cut! Where is you kid playing in the VHL?

Anon
Sounds like you know what’s going on with this roster. You must be the goalies dad from last season that got cut! Where is you kid playing in the VHL?
who is this directed to?

I love the come backs here. Anytime someone has something negative to say the retort is, your kid sucks. your kid got cut.

Anon
If you think any of those kids will play on any other EHF team at the elite level you are on something

W0w
Anon
Those Breaker kids are still playing against the best talent around, I think I\'d rather have my kid play first or second line for them then get minimal playing time on one of the top teams.
If you think any of those kids will play on any other EHF team at the elite level you are on something
exactly. some were already cut from other EHF teams...and BA. I know people hate hearing that about but BA but sorry it's true.

anon
W0w
Anon
Those Breaker kids are still playing against the best talent around, I think I\\\'d rather have my kid play first or second line for them then get minimal playing time on one of the top teams.
exactly. some were already cut from other EHF teams...and BA. I know people hate hearing that about but BA but sorry it's true.
I dont mind hearing it. Anyone who thinks BSB is better than BA simply because BSB is EHF knows nothing about hockey

You guys are all acting like someone is actually going to care where your son or daughter played pee wee hockey, enjoy the ride now EHF moms and dads because your elite hockey days are about to end once U14 hits

I have friends who think their 2015 is NHL bound because he made the 'elite' BSB team. They don't want you to forget that it's the elite team. Like he's in this entirely different league and life than the kids who didn't make elite.

And to your point if you think BA is better than BSB because they win more games playing lesser competition knows nothing about hockey either.. I don’t know why people lump every team and coach in with the organization they play for . Every level and age is different. Stay with the good coach and play with the kids your kid gets along with. It is very simple. Don’t chase wins. Organizations do not develop kids. Coaches do. BA has a very good 2011 and I hear the younger teams are good. It is because the coaches are good. . It is not because BA is doing something as an organization that everyone else doesn’t do.

Anon
And to your point if you think BA is better than BSB because they win more games playing lesser competition knows nothing about hockey either.. I don’t know why people lump every team and coach in with the organization they play for . Every level and age is different. Stay with the good coach and play with the kids your kid gets along with. It is very simple. Don’t chase wins. Organizations do not develop kids. Coaches do. BA has a very good 2011 and I hear the younger teams are good. It is because the coaches are good. . It is not because BA is doing something as an organization that everyone else doesn’t do.
If they have good coaching then I'd say that is what they are doing better than other teams. No one wants to send their kids to a coach with no passion or energy.

I think you're wrong in that orgs don't ever develop good players...but in the end it comes down to talent and sometimes I think parents are missing that piece. You can't create a good hockey player no matter how much you pay or play. Not everyone is going to be skilled at hockey...just like some people aren't skilled at math.

Anon
The bSB parents are such nice people though