email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

Youth Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Thayer

Anon
Thayer parent here. I heard Josh G from the Lovell program is everybody's choice. It will a sham of a hiring process.
My kid plays for Lovell and I've never heard of josh G...

according to the AD there's been a handful of guys that have inquired about it

Coach Chig
Bradley
T Mac
Flash

Assuming this Coach Chig mentioned here is the guy with the blog, how much if any actual experience does this guy possess? Also, there was a recent post about Mike Chighisola here. Is he the father of that kid?

Coach Chic is the blogger - much older and doesn't coach anymore - USA to coach here locally - coached at Stonehill
Mike was his son - CM player
Coach Chig is Mikes kid - runs the Militia Program out of Thayer

Another Thayer parent here. Do not want Chig. I will pull my 2 kids and send them somewhere else if they are foolish enough to hire that clown.

But you were OK with Amonte coaching your kid? I wouldn't let my kid play for that coach if you paid me.

Guy
Another Thayer parent here. Do not want Chig. I will pull my 2 kids and send them somewhere else if they are foolish enough to hire that clown.
what are you gonna do send them to public school because you don't like the hockey coach? Or you're one of those parents that assumes your kids will just easily get into another ISL school in the area that thousands of other parents are trying to get their kids into.

My kids can go to other ISL schools because I can pay the bill. Only one of my kids plays hockey..and still in middle school. In my opinion, hiring that guy would be using poor judgement. If that is the caliber of person trusted to mold and influence students at Thayer, I’ll spend my money elsewhere.

Guy
My kids can go to other ISL schools because I can pay the bill. Only one of my kids plays hockey..and still in middle school. In my opinion, hiring that guy would be using poor judgement. If that is the caliber of person trusted to mold and influence students at Thayer, I’ll spend my money elsewhere.
You're a little presumptuous in thinking your kid will get in. Thayer is like the easiest of the ISL schools to get into. Often referred to as a school for dumb rich kids.

His U13 East East Coast Militia team is in of the top rated teams in the country for that age group. He would likely be considered a very solid candidate for the Thayer position.

Geez I'm suprised this many people give a **** who a high school hockey coach will be. Who cares.

Anon
Coach Chic is the blogger - much older and doesn't coach anymore - USA to coach here locally - coached at Stonehill
Mike was his son - CM player
Coach Chig is Mikes kid - runs the Militia Program out of Thayer
Known for shorts/pants that are just below the knees

Got it. Thanks, I was not aware Mike had a son. Where did his kid play prep/college?

anon
according to the AD there's been a handful of guys that have inquired about it

Coach Chig
Bradley
T Mac
Flash
Flash from BCH? Wow.

Anon
anon
according to the AD there\'s been a handful of guys that have inquired about it