Click Here to Visit Our Facebook Page

email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

Youth Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Hockey camp on Nantucket?

You guys are thinking very small time. Nantucket is not the Vineyard and it's not the Cape. A LOT of people go to Nantucket for the whole summer, not a week or two. They fly back and forth for other activities at home so laughing at them putting hockey stuff on the ferry is in itself laughable. None of the heavy hitters over there have any idea what the inside of the ferry looks like. The nanny or other hired help go back home and get whatever they need for the next week or two, then fly back. This is one sheet of ice for 5 days. Ages 7-18 on the ice at the same time- so whats that 40 kids max? They will absolutely bang it out and there will be a huge waiting list.

I know of someone who has more than one home on Nantucket, they take the ferry and they don't stay there all summer. Don't assume anyone who is wealthy is flying back and forth.

There's a small percentage of people who vacation on Nantucket. An even smaller number of those people have kids who play hockey. An even smaller number of those will want to have their kid play hockey on Nantucket. I'm not saying no one will sign up but a waiting list? come on.

This was clearly done thinking that people on the island have money to throw at them which they do, but there's more to it than that.

I just said everyone is thinking very small time about this and then you give me an example of one person. Literally the smallest sample size you could. I am also not rich enough to read this post as well but I have spent a lot of time on Nantucket (working) and the wealth is eye popping. 60,000 people on the island in the summer- he will easily get 40 and walk away with $20,000 profit for 15 hours. To all the haters- email them about availability on June 10.

No one is doubting that there are rich people on Nantucket, trust me I know. Clearly this guy is looking to make money off of these people which you can't blame him for. I am not sold on the likely hood of getting that many people on 4 days July 10th - 14th of the whole summer. There could be people there that might not even heard about this. Anyways, clearly you're routing for the success of this program. I just think there'd be more interest off island.

Poor people are the worst.

poor people will pay for hockey...they just won't go to Nantucket to do it, lol

There is a need. They are filling a need.

People laughed when the Lovell’s were going to the vineyard for skills once a week and then camps in the summer too.

Strong hockey culture on the island. Youth hockey and Nantucket High have vibrant programs and they love when camps and clinics go over. And yes, tons of summer residents are also hockey families. This offering will do just fine.

Makes all the sense in the world. Yandles run a camp and rent a house for 2 weeks and get to write that off as a lodging expense. They also get to improve their kids ability and get a great vacation for free. Wake up people. It is really for them but if you're in the area the area they are happy if you join.

Who cares. Most people don't.