Click Here to Visit Our Facebook Page

email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

Youth Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Coach not showing up team folding ?

99% of bantam and younger club teams are coached by dads. Love when people claim Coach isn’t committed or doing it for tuition brake lol because I used to coach when kids were younger and the time put in was not worth the couple thousands dollars off tuition. Had a parent question coaches commitment on my daughters team a couple weeks ago meanwhile their kid has missed multiple games and practices and skates with other orgs. Club hockey parent culture is toxic in about 2/3 of the teams in Mass.

Sounds like the 08 T1 SSK

Sound like the 08 T1 SSK
I think you mean to say SSK 08 Elite teams coach out next season! :joy: Half his team is leaving next season due to his nepotism!

Eagles Dad
Sound like the 08 T1 SSK
I think you mean to say SSK 08 Elite teams coach out next season! :joy: Half his team is leaving next season due to his nepotism!
He is a professional coach after all.

Anon
If they weren't even in a league it doesn't sound like it was that great of a team in the first place. Also don't most teams have more than one coach? Coaches are human and might have to miss a game but there should be another coach or an assistant to take their place. If the coach is missing a lot of games that's another story.
We have 4 Daddy’s on the bench holding their Little Johnny’s hand

Sounds like someone I know a 2010 squad
Poor kids … out of Middleton

If it’s the same guy , he tried to get my kid this past year and I’m
So Glad we didn’t. What a train wreck he’s running. The practices weren’t great and I hear that they had a hard time getting a league to play in. I consider ourselves very lucky. I’d imagine any of the good players will leave and there won’t be much left , they’ll be back to
Where they were the year before or they’ll fold. I suggest if you don’t feel
Comfortable in your situation to see what else is available.

Yeah sounds like you really lucked out in life

Oh Gosh it sounds like
Sounds like someone I know a 2010 squad
Poor kids … out of Middleton
I agree , it has to be the wings. My advice would be to run . Find a better situation and you don’t want to get caught without a team if they do fold.

09 Knights team. coach doesnt come at all. asst took over but thats not what i came for. looking for team to finish year with and team for next year. help.

then just find a new team. What is the point of coming here to complain about things like this? To tell everyone what an awful team you're on?

Anon
09 Knights team. coach doesnt come at all. asst took over but thats not what i came for. looking for team to finish year with and team for next year. help.
That’s what you call an exercise in futility folks. Dumpster fire.