Click Here to Visit Our Facebook Page

email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

Youth Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: EHF and E9 suck

What's wrong with that ? So them playing the bandits and breakers is better ?

Yes. It is better that we only have to play the breakers and bandits. We play 10 different teams in our league. The vast majority are very close, tough games. We have no interest in playing the rifles, the patriots or the Lovell knights. Thanks for the offer. The league schedule that we have is just fine.

The E9 would perhaps like some better teams to play.

Also must suck to the bandits and breakers losing every game. Why are they even in the EHF? Just so they can say so ?

EHF and E9 are a joke. The teams make no sense. It's all based on geographic location as well.

Plenty of kids who play In the EHF suck too. Parents are idiots.

Anon
Plenty of kids who play In the EHF suck too. Parents are idiots.
Grow up

Oh let me put my kid on EHF team that wins 0 games.

Just so we’re clear here….it can be true that the Bandits shouldn’t be in EHF elite AND it makes zero sense for ehf elite teams to play 90 percent of e9 teams….

Advantage would beat plenty of EHF teams and has. Just so we're clear.

Anon
Advantage would beat plenty of EHF teams and has. Just so we're clear.
Great. Excited for Advantage…but we zero interest in having to play a schedule with all of Advantage’s league opponents in it. I have no idea why anyone would think that ehf parents are remotely interested in playing less games agaisnt our league opponents and more games agaisnt Seacoast or Valley or the Americans just because they happen to be in the same league as Advantage.

Or just advantage. Maybe icemen.

And stop thinking all EHF parents are the same. You're not.

Breakers mom here. I wasn't even aware of the different leagues until recently. My son plays for breakers and town hockey. The bog is close to us. I've heard BA is better for skills and developmental stuff but it's further away for us and more $$. My kid is still young, seems fine where he is. Not everyone cares about leagues, the kids are just happy to play hockey and maybe mom and dad don't want to spend all their time driving to a rink to be on the latest greatest team. Get a life.

Bandits and Breakers would still beat most E9 teams. 0 wins in EHF doesn’t mean they aren’t good they are just playing the best competition around.

But there's no way of knowing because they don't play them. It just adds to the stupidity.

It’s not stupidity. It’s just a lack of opportunity. I have a kid on a 2011 team. We know the BA kids and coaches very well. We try to get a game set up with them but it’s not that easy. We both have league schedules and tournaments. And we both have parents that like days off. No one is ducking anyone. We both play 60 games in 6 months. There aren’t all that many open dates.

Anon
It’s not stupidity. It’s just a lack of opportunity. I have a kid on a 2011 team. We know the BA kids and coaches very well. We try to get a game set up with them but it’s not that easy. We both have league schedules and tournaments. And we both have parents that like days off. No one is ducking anyone. We both play 60 games in 6 months. There aren’t all that many open dates.
It's not easy because the EHF doesn't allow it lol. The only way E9 and EHF teams can play each other is in tournaments. And then the EHF always shows up with an alternate. At least that's been my experience so far. I won't speak for everyone the way so many others seem to here.

Doesn't matter. None of your kids will be in the NHL or even play college hockey.

Anon
Doesn't matter. None of your kids will be in the NHL or even play college hockey.
You are forgetting about the .8% that will play D1 and the 3.9% that will play D3

Anon
Anon
It's not easy because the EHF doesn't allow it lol. The only way E9 and EHF teams can play each other is in tournaments. And then the EHF always shows up with an alternate. At least that's been my experience so far. I won't speak for everyone the way so many others seem to here.
BA has played mid Fairfield and the flames in non tourney games for 2011. Last year they played providence. No one cares about that rule.

Anon
Anon
Anon
It\'s not easy because the EHF doesn\'t allow it lol. The only way E9 and EHF teams can play each other is in tournaments. And then the EHF always shows up with an alternate. At least that\'s been my experience so far. I won\'t speak for everyone the way so many others seem to here.
BA has played mid Fairfield and the flames in non tourney games for 2011. Last year they played providence. No one cares about that rule.
Welp for some birth years they do care. Gary Ford seems to care.

Anon
Bandits and Breakers would still beat most E9 teams. 0 wins in EHF doesn’t mean they aren’t good they are just playing the best competition around.
You lose all credibility when you make such a claims.

Bandits and Breakers lose every game they play. I don't care if it’s the SSC !

If you haven't won't a game yet something is wrong. Staying on a losing team just to say oh but we're in the EHF is pathetic. You don't belong in hockey.

Anon
If you haven't won't a game yet something is wrong. Staying on a losing team just to say oh but we're in the EHF is pathetic. You don't belong in hockey.
But that is just the point. They don't stay. Look at the bottom teams in the EHF elite and you will see a different roster every season. People use these programs until their kid is good enough to play somewhere else. Just consider the Bandits the AHL of club hockey and let your kid play. If he gets better he will move on, if not, then he will be there until he goes somewhere else at midgets and plays with his friends.

You all need to look at what programs are good for. The Bandits overall have terrible teams but players do get better - and leave.

Anon
Anon
If you haven\'t won\'t a game yet something is wrong. Staying on a losing team just to say oh but we\'re in the EHF is pathetic. You don\'t belong in hockey.
But that is just the point. They don't stay. Look at the bottom teams in the EHF elite and you will see a different roster every season. People use these programs until their kid is good enough to play somewhere else. Just consider the Bandits the AHL of club hockey and let your kid play. If he gets better he will move on, if not, then he will be there until he goes somewhere else at midgets and plays with his friends.

You all need to look at what programs are good for. The Bandits overall have terrible teams but players do get better - and leave.
Leave to go where? Also if kids are on a sucky team how are they really going to get better? If the team has won 0 games that tells me there really aren't any good players on that team. If there were they'd be winning.

Anon
These teams lose to PHL teams.

Nope.

top teams in the EHF would like more competition as well I've been told. Not sure they'd get it from the E9 depending on the birth year but there are 2 or 3 EHF teams who beat the other EHF teams on the regular.

All that should really matter is the team your kid plays for. Seems like it's become more about who the kids play against once a week for many. Kind of sad. If you're happy with your team, how your kid is progressing, are the coaches good then that's what should matter. If you're so concerned about who you play against then maybe you should try to be on that team.

Anon
top teams in the EHF would like more competition as well I've been told. Not sure they'd get it from the E9 depending on the birth year but there are 2 or 3 EHF teams who beat the other EHF teams on the regular.

So the answer to their problems is more games against teams that aren’t even close to their level?

I would love a merger. My kid is on a good team with only 3 teams worth playing. A merger would mean 10-11 teams worth playing.

E9 Fam
I would love a merger. My kid is on a good team with only 3 teams worth playing. A merger would mean 10-11 teams worth playing.
My kid plays for BA and it would be nice to play against some tougher teams and we do when we have tournaments. I am not sure why most of the other E9 teams are levels below us. We're staying with BA as long as we can though.

anon
E9 Fam
My kid plays for BA and it would be nice to play against some tougher teams and we do when we have tournaments. I am not sure why most of the other E9 teams are levels below us. We're staying with BA as long as we can though.
A merger of top 5 EHF Elite teams and top 3 E9 teams would make for a great league.

Anon
anon
E9 Fam
My kid plays for BA and it would be nice to play against some tougher teams and we do when we have tournaments. I am not sure why most of the other E9 teams are levels below us. We\'re staying with BA as long as we can though.
A merger of top 5 EHF Elite teams and top 3 E9 teams would make for a great league.
It wont happen because the EHF ego is too big and greedy. They just want the E9 parents who have good players to buckle, leave E9 and play in the EHF.

anon
Anon
anon
E9 Fam
My kid plays for BA and it would be nice to play against some tougher teams and we do when we have tournaments. I am not sure why most of the other E9 teams are levels below us. We\'re staying with BA as long as we can though.
It wont happen because the EHF ego is too big and greedy. They just want the E9 parents who have good players to buckle, leave E9 and play in the EHF.
You do know that a league split before. Which is the current EHF and BHL right ?

Anon
anon
Anon
anon
E9 Fam
My kid plays for BA and it would be nice to play against some tougher teams and we do when we have tournaments. I am not sure why most of the other E9 teams are levels below us. We\\\'re staying with BA as long as we can though.
You do know that a league split before. Which is the current EHF and BHL right ?
No I didn't know that. Who did it benefit? I don't even know who is in the BHL.

Is BHL and E9 the same thing ?

I can only speak for the 2012 level, my kid has played in the e9 and now is on a fed elite team. The e9 at the 2012 level is terrible. The railers is the only team that can compete with any of the 2012 fed elite teams.

Everyone is also missing the point that these are all individual businesses. They are all there to make money. Bids to both leagues are worth money. The exclusivity of it all, is what makes them valuable. They aren’t going to just merge because people want them too.

Anon
I can only speak for the 2012 level, my kid has played in the e9 and now is on a fed elite team. The e9 at the 2012 level is terrible. The railers is the only team that can compete with any of the 2012 fed elite teams.

Everyone is also missing the point that these are all individual businesses. They are all there to make money. Bids to both leagues are worth money. The exclusivity of it all, is what makes them valuable. They aren’t going to just merge because people want them too.
From what I've heard 2012 is just a bad birth year in general for hockey.

Regardless if they do or don’t the E9 is terrible at that age level. It would have to be a whole country thing because plenty of 2012 teams from the fed and the railers in the top 15 and they all have played too 10 teams from around the US and have held their own.

Anon
Regardless if they do or don’t the E9 is terrible at that age level. It would have to be a whole country thing because plenty of 2012 teams from the fed and the railers in the top 15 and they all have played too 10 teams from around the US and have held their own.
as you mentioned the Railers are ranked pretty well over all in MA. They appear to be #3 on myrankings above some of the EHF teams.

Yep but the rest of the league is terrible. They beat the 2nd place and 3rd place teams by at least 5 goals and sometimes double digits and those teams beat the rest of the league by the same amount.

Anon
Yep but the rest of the league is terrible. They beat the 2nd place and 3rd place teams by at least 5 goals and sometimes double digits and those teams beat the rest of the league by the same amount.
wow you have very strong opinion on this, trying to feel vindicated in some way? I'm sure all the other parents of 10 year olds who have kids in the E9 appreciate how terrible you think they are. I'm sure your kid will go on to play in the NHL dad.

I'm still wondering why anyone would want to be a team that hasn't won a game yet or has only won like 1 game. That does seem like a problem. I guess someone has to be last but winning 0 games is an indicator of being in the wrong league.

Partially true. Bandits have to field an elite team or they lose the auto bid, which at the end of the day means less money. Possibly same with Breakers? Bandits 09 and 10 teams have good coaches and the kids are improving even if it doesn’t show in the win column. I bet both teams would be competitive at the platinum level but it just won’t happen.

Anon
Partially true. Bandits have to field an elite team or they lose the auto bid, which at the end of the day means less money. Possibly same with Breakers? Bandits 09 and 10 teams have good coaches and the kids are improving even if it doesn’t show in the win column. I bet both teams would be competitive at the platinum level but it just won’t happen.
And both teams would win consistently in E9 or BHL American

Anon
Anon
And both teams would win consistently in E9 or BHL American
oh come on. There are breakers and bandits teams who have won NO GAMES this year. They would absolutely not win consistently over E9 teams. Maybe they would beat SOME terrible E9 teams but you really need to put down the bottle.

10 Bandits have beaten mid level E9 teams. Haven’t really played Patriots or Americans though who seem to consistently be at the top of the standings. Would be interesting to see though. Not sure about other years however..

Bandits
10 Bandits have beaten mid level E9 teams. Haven’t really played Patriots or Americans though who seem to consistently be at the top of the standings. Would be interesting to see though. Not sure about other years however..
sources? I'm not even sure what that means. 10 bandits have beaten mid level E9 teams?

Thunderbirds and VJW 2012 aren't far behind either.

These are also 10 year olds.

Take the railers out and the next e9 team in the ranks are below the last place team in the fed.

The railers kill both those teams every time they play

it's all about you and the 2012's I guess.

Didn’t say that just that is the only level I know since my kid plays on that level. At that level the Fed is far better than the E9.

those 10 year olds...

If we're talking about 10 year olds, might as well talk about 8 year olds. The 2014 BA team won the Exposure cup a few weeks ago. Beat the Islanders, Top Gun and were a division above the flames, terriers and BSB in the tournament. SSK would have been in the lower division but their ego was too big for that so they bounced. They would have played the eagles but the eagles lost to an Ontario team so they were out.

Seemed to be just BA from the E9, some EHF teams and some teams from other states.

Tourneys like that are great and I wish there were more.

The 2011 BA team also played up a year this year. Seems like their option was to kill the teams in the E9 on their own level or move up. The 2013 team has also lost no games to any other E9 team. BA should probably just be in the EHF.

Individual players also matter too. Just because a team is bad doesn't mean all the players are bad. There are some EHF teams that suck and have won no games but there might be a kid or two on the team who are actually good. Why they stay on those teams I don't know. Maybe it's a loyalty thing.

Same for E9- I can think of a few E9 teams that aren't doing well that have great players who are most likely going on to play college hockey someday. As long as individual players make progress the team they're on doesn't always matter in the end.

Anon
Will these two leagues ever merge ? The teams are hardly evenly distributed. Same teams play each other again and again. Same teams win and lose. MA hockey is getting ruined.
No