Visit The DBoard Online Store - https://www.cafepress.com/icehockeydboard

Click Here to Visit Our Facebook Page

email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

Youth Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Did the '14 Bandits really beat the '14 ssk (elite) yesterday?

Anon
I thought 2014 Bandits were moved to Platinum. At least my kid’s games against them were canceled.
Yeah they've only played 5 games according to the EHF site. I can't imagine they've only played 5 games total.

Anon
Coach
We were short a few players and PP unit was not the best 5.
Pp units at 8 yrs old? Do you people listen to yourselves? I bet half the team still wears pull-ups at night but the pp unit wasn’t up to snuff. 🤭
If you’re not practicing pp and pk starting at Mite you have a bad coach who has no clue how to develop hockey players. 2014s are stacked and our team has had pp and pk units since mite development. This is why they’re so good.

If you're going to say '14s are still in diapers then don't get mad at the ones who don't pass. And don't lose your mind and call people out when they don't make that team. They're only 8 right ?

Don Sweeney and other NHL scouts were in attendance.

So it's ok to have this long thread about a '12 hockey game with fighting kids and parents but asking a mere question about a '14 game produces these kinds of responses? I get it, the kids are 8, but the SSK is in 2nd place overall and the bandits are barely considered elite having won no games and played a total of 5?

Someone from SSK said a lot of good players were missing. I'm guessing people had other things to do and figured whoever was left on the team would still beat the bandits. That didn't happen. Again goes to show how much the better players carry the team and what egos can do to a game. I bet they were shocked they lost.

re
So it's ok to have this long thread about a '12 hockey game with fighting kids and parents but asking a mere question about a '14 game produces these kinds of responses? I get it, the kids are 8, but the SSK is in 2nd place overall and the bandits are barely considered elite having won no games and played a total of 5?

Someone from SSK said a lot of good players were missing. I'm guessing people had other things to do and figured whoever was left on the team would still beat the bandits. That didn't happen. Again goes to show how much the better players carry the team and what egos can do to a game. I bet they were shocked they lost.
We play that Kings team and usually have good games with them. But 75% of that team is one kid, and the gameplay is typical mite hockey win no matter what mentality, get that kid on the ice as much as possible and get him the puck. (He is very good and could probably play 13's and still do well. The other players are clearly being left behind in terms of development based on what we've seen last year and this year. Remove that kid and its a tier 1 team. So if that one really good player is not there it shows what a poorly developed team that has become. Still can't believe they lost to that Bandits team. Good to see them get a win though always feel bad for those kids losing games by double digits.

We have played that team also and they had more than just 1 good player. The good player your talking about is on jr bruins nat elite and so is their goalie...but there are a few other good players.

Check livebarn. SSK didn't play the Bandits. Can we all move on.

anon
I'm not checking anything other than this:

https://www.fedhockey.com/elitestandings

sounds like that Kings coach had a fun weekend

anon
That would make more sense since the bandits probably couldn't even field a team for our last game and cancelled it.

then who lied on the EHF site?

anon
Bandits best kings 3-2

Nevin Markwart
anon
Bandits best kings 3-2
Kings coach seen driving a new MB with TMac in passenger seat, Bandits were +4500.

More shenanigans and corruption at the diaper hockey level.

Pete Rose
Nevin Markwart
anon
Bandits best kings 3-2
Kings coach seen driving a new MB with TMac in passenger seat, Bandits were +4500.

More shenanigans and corruption at the diaper hockey level.
This is the youth hockey forum is it not ? Are 8 year olds not relevant in the youth hockey world?

Most hockey players start skating around 3 or 4. The diaper comments have gotten old. If people want to talk about 8 year old hockey here let them.

8 and under probably makes up the largest portion of youth hockey. People are still figuring out if the kids even like or are good at it. But I'm dboard you're not relevant in hockey until you're 13/14. Why this dboard is a joke. It's not a place that's open to everyone. People only want to talk about certain teams as well.

Sooo it looks like this game no longer exists? It was definitely listed as showing bandits beating the kings in a game played last Sunday but now there's no record of it.