Youth Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: This forum has no interest in anything other than EHF

Anon
anon
EHF elite actually. Why is this the case? It\'s really all that gets talked about here. Why are the conversations only dominated by this league? I\'m guessing folks from other leagues/teams come here, take a look and leave when they see what this page is all about. Why not just call it the EHF dboard? I see people here get laughed at when questions arise about E9/BHL teams, other leagues and town.

I really think the name of this forum should be changed to Fed hockey or EHF hockey board as it\'s not a good representation of MA hockey as a whole. It\'s like coming to look for MA voting advice, finding a voting forum and all you find are comments from one party or people acting like only party matters.

And no my kid did not get cut from an EHF team, he\'s never tried out for one but would absolutely make any EHF elite team in the state.

But again, please consider changing the name of this forum to a more EHF centric name because that is the only thing talked about here in a positive light.
MA hockey? This is New England bud. We're all a****les and love being that way.

Btw mentioning anything other then FED here means you labeled yourself as a complete loser.
Proving my point.

To me, it's all about the name of the league: ELITE 9. If they hadn't named the league ELITE 9, the league probable wouldn't get so much negative comments. There are so many elite tags on bad teams/skills/schools, that it no long means anything. It's really a pompous name if you think about it. Same with the academies that have Elite in their names.

My kids have played in both leagues. One in E9 and the other in EHF.
Considering the top brackets for each league, EHF is far the more competitive with the better players. This gap increases as your approach bantams. And yes, there are some good player in E9 too.

Anon
To me, it's all about the name of the league: ELITE 9. If they hadn't named the league ELITE 9, the league probable wouldn't get so much negative comments. There are so many elite tags on bad teams/skills/schools, that it no long means anything. It's really a pompous name if you think about it. Same with the academies that have Elite in their names.

Considering the top brackets for each league, EHF is far the more competitive with the better players. This gap increases as your approach bantams. And yes, there are some good player in E9 too.
But there's nothing wrong with the title 'EHF elite'? Why didn't they choose a different name for that? It's a marketing buzzword term and I find it obnoxious as well but it is what it is I guess. How about EHF upper class ? World class EHF? Premier? Does that sound better? I have no idea why the elite9 decided to name their league that.

So for what reason do you think the good players stay in the E9? Why doesn't everyone just leave and go to EHF elite if that's where it's at? E9 does have people go D1 so clearly those folks could be EHF elite if they wanted to.

anon
So for what reason do you think the good players stay in the E9? Why doesn\'t everyone just leave and go to EHF elite if that\'s where it\'s at? E9 does have people go D1 so clearly those folks could be EHF elite if they wanted to.
Several reasons:

1) Location - not all parents have jobs that allow them to shuffle kids to further programs.
2) Dad's a coach getting free tuition. From what I have seen, coaches leave e9 to go to EHF. I have not seen the opposite, but I am sure it has happened.
3) Kid doesn't want to move.
4) Parents have no idea EHF exists in any form.
5) Other programs is not offering discounted tuition.
6) Hockey is not the kids primary sport.

Anon
anon
So for what reason do you think the good players stay in the E9? Why doesn\\\'t everyone just leave and go to EHF elite if that\\\'s where it\\\'s at? E9 does have people go D1 so clearly those folks could be EHF elite if they wanted to.
Several reasons:

1) Location - not all parents have jobs that allow them to shuffle kids to further programs.
2) Dad's a coach getting free tuition. From what I have seen, coaches leave e9 to go to EHF. I have not seen the opposite, but I am sure it has happened.
LOL, so these are the only reasons? Never is it they are happy with the program they are in and are getting a lot out of it? wow, this forum.

anon
Anon
anon
So for what reason do you think the good players stay in the E9? Why doesn\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t everyone just leave and go to EHF elite if that\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s where it\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s at? E9 does have people go D1 so clearly those folks could be EHF elite if they wanted to.
Several reasons:

2) Dad\\\'s a coach getting free tuition. From what I have seen, coaches leave e9 to go to EHF. I have not seen the opposite, but I am sure it has happened.
3) Kid doesn\\\'t want to move.
LOL, so these are the only reasons? Never is it they are happy with the program they are in and are getting a lot out of it? wow, this forum.
Did you miss point #3?
Which assumes they are happy, but maybe it needs to be spelled out for you. Work on your inferiority complex.

Anon
anon
Anon
anon
So for what reason do you think the good players stay in the E9? Why doesn\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t everyone just leave and go to EHF elite if that\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s where it\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s at? E9 does have people go D1 so clearly those folks could be EHF elite if they wanted to.
Several reasons:

2) Dad\\\\\\\'s a coach getting free tuition. From what I have seen, coaches leave e9 to go to EHF. I have not seen the opposite, but I am sure it has happened.
3) Kid doesn\\\\\\\'t want to move.
Did you miss point #3?
Which assumes they are happy, but maybe it needs to be spelled out for you. Work on your inferiority complex.
Oh i have no inferiority complex and I read just fine, but #3 sounds like it's the kids that want to stay not the parents lol.

There's definitely more of a pride thing when it comes to Fed/EHF. Teams often want to really let that it be known oh we're part of the EHF! Even if it's a lower gold or team that stinks. Like you should still be impressed because they are part of The Fed. In the E9 you don't seem to hear the league mentioned that much. It just comes down to what team someone plays for and that's that.

I'm even surprised these days by how often I hear oh my son plays for such and such 'elite'. It just sounds cringey. They can't just say, oh he plays for such and such team...they have to let people know the level...and the kid could be like 6. If you need to talk about something so much and throw it in someone's face you're often times trying to prove something.

Anon
anon
So for what reason do you think the good players stay in the E9? Why doesn\\\'t everyone just leave and go to EHF elite if that\\\'s where it\\\'s at? E9 does have people go D1 so clearly those folks could be EHF elite if they wanted to.
Several reasons:

This is so true! My kid was on town hockey. Someone said go check out the wizards so we went and checked out the wizards. He got on the 2nd team (select). We were happy. When my kid got better he moved to a different BHL team, then E9 team. Alllllll along I had no clue what other leagues were out there. I heard of BJE and maybe terriers and maybe kings. I thought they were better but not THAT much better lol. So finally my kid was on a team in the E9 that everyone was leaving and his friend at school played for an EHF team. We took my son to check out the team and he’s been on it ever since. I am upset that we didn’t move him years ago.

Anon
Anon
anon
So for what reason do you think the good players stay in the E9? Why doesn\\\\\\\'t everyone just leave and go to EHF elite if that\\\\\\\'s where it\\\\\\\'s at? E9 does have people go D1 so clearly those folks could be EHF elite if they wanted to.
Several reasons:

2) Dad\'s a coach getting free tuition. From what I have seen, coaches leave e9 to go to EHF. I have not seen the opposite, but I am sure it has happened.
3) Kid doesn\'t want to move.
This is so true! My kid was on town hockey. Someone said go check out the wizards so we went and checked out the wizards. He got on the 2nd team (select). We were happy. When my kid got better he moved to a different BHL team, then E9 team. Alllllll along I had no clue what other leagues were out there. I heard of BJE and maybe terriers and maybe kings. I thought they were better but not THAT much better lol. So finally my kid was on a team in the E9 that everyone was leaving and his friend at school played for an EHF team. We took my son to check out the team and he’s been on it ever since. I am upset that we didn’t move him years ago.
Curious what was the E9 team where everyone was leaving.

anon
Anon
To me, it\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s all about the name of the league: ELITE 9. If they hadn\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t named the league ELITE 9, the league probable wouldn\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t get so much negative comments. There are so many elite tags on bad teams/skills/schools, that it no long means anything. It\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s really a pompous name if you think about it. Same with the academies that have Elite in their names.

But there\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s nothing wrong with the title \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'EHF elite\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'? Why didn\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t they choose a different name for that? It\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s a marketing buzzword term and I find it obnoxious as well but it is what it is I guess. How about EHF upper class ? World class EHF? Premier? Does that sound better? I have no idea why the elite9 decided to name their league that.
EHF is the EHF with several divisions with the top being the elite division

Elite9 is setup as a separate league from BHL.

If it was just BHL and the top league was BHL-Elite, it would work with one website. But it is what it is. Then again, I spent way too many years in marketing.

Anon
anon
Anon
To me, it\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s all about the name of the league: ELITE 9. If they hadn\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t named the league ELITE 9, the league probable wouldn\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t get so much negative comments. There are so many elite tags on bad teams/skills/schools, that it no long means anything. It\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s really a pompous name if you think about it. Same with the academies that have Elite in their names.

But there\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s nothing wrong with the title \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'EHF elite\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'? Why didn\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t they choose a different name for that? It\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s a marketing buzzword term and I find it obnoxious as well but it is what it is I guess. How about EHF upper class ? World class EHF? Premier? Does that sound better? I have no idea why the elite9 decided to name their league that.
EHF is the EHF with several divisions with the top being the elite division

Elite9 is setup as a separate league from BHL.

If it was just BHL and the top league was BHL-Elite, it would work with one website. But it is what it is. Then again, I spent way too many years in marketing.
I don't really understand the difference between E9 and BHL. They seem to be the same, maybe with E9 being a bit higher.

I also think some parents just sign the kids up for whatever program is closest to their home. Many don't even have a clue what league the program is in.

Anon

And really bad players at the bottom of Fed Elite

This suggestion has merit. I propose that the Youth Hockey Dboard should be subcategorized as an alternative, with the following in order of priority.

1) 2014's
2) EHF>E9
3) All other EHF age groups
4) Anonymous Gripes and Trash Talk (complaining about alternates, refs, coaches, parents, programs)
5) Skills, Camps, Training & Tournament Teams
6) E9, BHL, PHL & Town
7) Random news articles that have nothing to do with youth hockey

Suggestions welcome

anon
EHF elite actually. Why is this the case? It's really all that gets talked about here. Why are the conversations only dominated by this league? I'm guessing folks from other leagues/teams come here, take a look and leave when they see what this page is all about. Why not just call it the EHF dboard? I see people here get laughed at when questions arise about E9/BHL teams, other leagues and town.

I really think the name of this forum should be changed to Fed hockey or EHF hockey board as it's not a good representation of MA hockey as a whole. It's like coming to look for MA voting advice, finding a voting forum and all you find are comments from one party or people acting like only party matters.

And no my kid did not get cut from an EHF team, he's never tried out for one but would absolutely make any EHF elite team in the state.

But again, please consider changing the name of this forum to a more EHF centric name because that is the only thing talked about here in a positive light.
The reason for this is because those dads need to puff their chest anonymously. In real life they may have the money but still married the fat cow and have small penises. Their lives are void of any enjoyment other than saying my little Johnny plays 4th line on an EHF elite team. Oh and for those dads on the Bandits, Breakers and other EHF Elite bottom dwelling teams at most birth years, your kid is not elite just ego.

I see there is a whole separate forum for girl's youth hockey and prep. Why not have sub-forums for different leagues? Maybe even teams? Or maybe one for mite's since that is not real youth hockey yet they make a large part of youth hockey.

It does get lame seeing the same chest thumping dad's posting the day in the life of tween SSK, BJE, BJT and occasionally IHC elite. It's clear there's a rivalry or a we're the best attitude and I'm guessing this board might get more action if those posts had their own forum. Or perhaps the moderator enjoys that piece?

someone else could also create a new MA hockey forum I guess. As much as this forum is called 'New England' it really only seems to be MA EHF elite topics. Everything is ELITE...where can i find ELITE tournaments...omg if it's not elite my life is meaningless!

anon
EHF elite actually. Why is this the case? It's really all that gets talked about here. Why are the conversations only dominated by this league? I'm guessing folks from other leagues/teams come here, take a look and leave when they see what this page is all about. Why not just call it the EHF dboard? I see people here get laughed at when questions arise about E9/BHL teams, other leagues and town.

I really think the name of this forum should be changed to Fed hockey or EHF hockey board as it's not a good representation of MA hockey as a whole. It's like coming to look for MA voting advice, finding a voting forum and all you find are comments from one party or people acting like only party matters.

And no my kid did not get cut from an EHF team, he's never tried out for one but would absolutely make any EHF elite team in the state.

Three main groups:

A group of mature individuals with a genuine interest or contribution (minority)
A group of immature youth enjoying the best they’ll get (minority)
A group of immature adults with nothing to offer, here or anywhere, that love they can hide in anonymity. (majority)

I have no problem with the forum being anonymous. Not everyone is comfortable asking questions on let's say MA hockey forum with their 'real' identity. But this place does get nasty as well because people are allowed to be anonymous which starts to take away from normal conversations.

Nothing wrong with having pride in your kids' team but much of what is spewed here regularly is not facts. And yes plenty of gossip (aka the SSK/IHC thread yesterday and a BJT fight last week)

Let's be honest. This is a tabloid. If it were TV, it would be Jerry Springer. It's why we all come here. I think the admin should have a thumbs up and thumps down option.

ANON:
Let's be honest. This is a tabloid. If it were TV, it would be Jerry Springer. It's why we all come here. I think the admin should have a thumbs up and thumps down option.
Did you just say the quiet part out loud?

I get that youth hockey can be difficult to navigate but to act like one league, let alone one level is the only thing that matters seems ridiculous.

Just curious what year/program OP's kid plays for? If they are being developed, why does it matter they aren't being talked about?

What the EHF Elite has over the E9 is more depth and competition. My bender has played in both. He was a top 3 player on his E9 team which was in the top 3rd and is an average player on his EHF team that is middle third. He is not ‘Elite’ by any means. He is an average AAA player. Most EHF Elite teams have 1 maybe 2 “elite” players. Some have none. The best have 3 or 4. That being said the EHF is more competitive top to bottom (Bandits / Breakers not withstanding). Just look at the scores. Some kids develop better with better competition. However for some, playing E9 could be better for developing confidence and applying skills during a game. I think Ideally if we wanted the best hockey, programs could have AAA, AA and A teams with movement allowed for the first half of the season depending on development and performance. The kids would benefit most from that. Unfortunately the parents Egos would not develop as they want and the “business model” would fail.

I think people are missing the point. This thread wasn't started in an attempt to argue over which league is better. The issue is that this particular forum only seems to think the EHF (elite) matters and that isn't true.

The suggestion of having different forums for different leagues and teams seems like a good one. Again, this forum gives a false impression of New England hockey. The top 4 EHF elite teams aren't all that's happening.