Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Overwhelmed by family issues

My husband just kicked me out because I relapsed and got a dui. Yes, I know it was stupid, and I'm kicking myself over it, but the marriage was already in turmoil from his constant emotional abuse and on its way downhill anyways.

Anyways, my husband and two boys (ages 10 and 15) live in Texas and I had to move back home to stay with family in North Carolina until I can get back on my feet. The problem is my husband has been filling my kids full of crap about me and neither of them will speak to me now! He's taking his anger with me out by using them to get back at me and it's slowly tearing me apart! I don't know what to do!

I'm well educated with good credentials, but the job market in Austin is so competitive that I haven't been able to find a job down there in the last few years, and there's no way I can afford to live there on my own, so I can't just try to make it up to the kids on my own time. What can I do from halfway across the country?!?!?

Re: Overwhelmed by family issues

Melissa: Talk to a Family Lawyer about this or maybe someone at the local Bar Association if you cannot afford one.