Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Decided to Divorce

My husband has hurt me in so many ways. He has been physically abusive in the past, verbally abusive (telling me he hates me and never wants to speak to me again), cheated on me (which I just found out a month ago), and a disappointing, disinterested father to our son. I finally couldn’t take it anymore and when he yelled at me again and said he hated me and wanted nothing to do with me (he’s traveling for his job), I stopped calling him. He’s called a couple of times, but didn’t call yesterday. I haven’t answered and have decided that I am divorcing him. And yet, I feel so broken hearted and lonely, and I feel like I’m just getting through the day walking around/doing my job amongst “normals” that have happy marriages, etc. I don’t know why I am struggling when he has been so terrible. I’m also so sad/worried for my son who is only 3 now, but how will he grow up with a dad that isn’t really in the picture most of the time? Any advice? I feel so alone.

Re: Decided to Divorce

I recommend seeing a Family Lawyer. They are best when kids are involved. Get your own bank account and credit cards. A Lawyer would tell you to do this. It takes a couple of years to adjust to something like this. Have coffee or whatever you like with supportive people and focus on yourself and your child.

Re: Decided to Divorce

Thank you Lara.