Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Shock

I am kind of in the same boat. We have been together almost 18 years and married for almost 17 we have a 15.5 year old a 14 year old and a 7 month old. We just had a baby and he decided that someone he works with is more important. She is 8 years younger then him but only 10 years older then my oldest son. I just dont understand how someone can throw away 18 years a wife and three kids like that. Im still in shock. He wont leave the house so the kids and I have to relocate until I can get us a place. Its is so heartbreaking.

Re: Shock

Amanda: Please get a Family Lawyer ASAP. He can stay as long as you are still legally married as long as he isn't abusing you, but is probably staying more for financial reasons - possibly trying to avoid paying child support. Sorry this happened to you, but if he cries poor, he could move in with her.......good luck to her, she will need it. He will probably cheat on her someday, too. (He should be the one to leave and not have his kids uprooted during this horrible time).

Re: Shock

Consult with an attorney or go the woman’s law bar. Please try to stay in the house and he will eventually go packing. Try not to engage even though it will be difficult as he flaunts his new life style. You all need the stability of the home, school, & community.
Best wishes