Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Why is sex so important?

I hope I don’t offend anyone but I just don’t understand why my husband wants sex all the time. We are not teenagers anymore. We have responsibilities and things to do. We’ve been together for 20 years. I thought it was normal to settle into a comfortable life without having sex all the time. But now he wants a divorce because he says that I should want to have sex with him and the fact that I don’t tells him that I’m not attracted to him. So he deserves to be with someone that is and wants to have sex all the time. We have a 5 yr old daughter and we get along well. Otherwise we wouldn’t have been together this long. I just think sex is such a stupid childish reason to throw away a solid relationship that has been built on trust and respect. He may be right that I’m not attracted to him anymore but I know I still have to have sex with him because I’m his wife. I just don’t want to do it all the time. Isn’t that normal?

Re: Why is sex so important?

SSS: He may be a sex addict.

Re: Why is sex so important?

Mine told me he needs love and affection he is not getting at home. The drive went down for me after my hysterectomy 4 years ago, I felt nothing. Then he ballooned up to 320 pounds, was not very attractive.
And the first year of marriage he gave me HPV.
Mine wanted it all the time, but he wanted me to service him, I was never on the receiving end. I got tired of it, so now he can shag everything he wants, and share the HPV to all on the receiving end of his love fest.