Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
How do I inspire my attorney to be my true advocate?

I retained a top women's advocate as listed in her bio and the sound reputation of the firm. Her professional aspirations and now district responsibilities seem to have dampened her commitment to my divorce case. I have quite a bit of funds invested and to move on does not guarantee a passionate ally.
Recently an individual in another industry said attorneys are all the same. The client must research the case exhaustively, communicate with counsel several times before receiving the legal options, go with your gut and be forceful in instructing the attorney what to do. Attorneys are interested in settling without keenly calculating the best result for the client. The description seems to be my attorney's template.
Any experience or advice on how to encourage my attorney to take on the challenge of attain the best outcome for me?

Re: How do I inspire my attorney to be my true advocate?

E: If your Attorney doesn't have time for you and only for her professional aspirations, I would seek another Attorney - especially if a year has passed and the divorce is not close to being final.