Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Tough situation for me and now divorce next

Tough situation for me,husband left me yesterday and said he cheated on me.Left me for an ex friend of mine.I was heart broken and in tears.We were married for 16 years and no kids luckily,don't have to mess with any child support issues.Next step is filing for divorce,my step dad found me a great divorce lawyer and calling her tomorrow.Luckily I did document,take photos of my stuff including putting them on video 3 years ago.A friend of mine said I was smart to do this and well worth it.He did this and almost lost his tools,equipment and car parts through a divorce 3 years ago.Anymore advice?I need it and do have support from my mom and step dad including friends.My brother was told today and he is there for support.

Re: Tough situation for me and now divorce next

Go to experian or one of the other two sites and check out you credit history, your income to debt ratio (make a copy) and deal with the joint cards. Freeze any line of credit you have together. Change your passwords. The first and best thing I did was get a post box. I took funds from a joint account for my legal fees and had to ck sent to the POBox. He went ape. Earlier that day he had liquidated the heloc. Go with your gut and don’t hesitate at certain forks in the divorce road.

No joint accounts,my bank and credit card accounts are in my name including my cell phone bill.Electric and natural gas bills, were in our names.Took his name off today.

We understand that this is a tough situation for you and in this situation having a good psychologist is must with whom you can consult.I recommend Dr. Jason Hart, he specializes in marriage counseling and divorce issues.For further information you can visit his website href="http://www.psydoc.net"

Seen the lawyer today and she recommended me seeing a psychologist.Gave me a phone number and she knows him very well,he deals with marriage counseling and divorce issue.He is a brother in law of hers and see him next week.The cheating put a toll on me and my husband did the damage.It has been since the first time he cheated on me,I have not been happy in the marriage ever since.

sorry bout that, like I want to help but like wanna meet up? ;) ***** I destroy that *****