Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
He re-found a lost love

I feel so betrayed. Just passed 18th wedding anniversary on 2/19. He did not remember. Makes sense since he has been pawning for a lost love he recently found.

Trying to be strong and let my intellectual brain win over my emotional brain. He was my first love; the only man I have ever been with. Hurts so badly to be treated this way. Two kids, 16 (girl)and 12 (boy).

He claims to be unhappy; thinks a change in one part of his life will make him happy. He says he should have left 10 years ago; he “gave me” 18 years.

He hardly ever made me happy, or a priority. I tried to meet him half way, even when his health failed badly coupled with drug dependence over almost 10 years. My children are the only good gift he gave me - that is it.

This is how he repays me. So selfish.

How can he live knowing he is breaking up our childrens’ family? He is also causing break-up of the lost love’s current marriage. So selfish; ugly heart.

I need to heal and overcome.

Re: He re-found a lost love

I am sorry you went through this but it seems like you may be better off without a man like this with his issues (especially the 10 yr. drug dependence). Good luck to his "girlfriend". She will need it. I hope you get a consultation with a good Lawyer. There is a lot at stake in a long term marriage. Family Lawyers are best when kids are involved.