Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Broken

After 18 years of marriage I find he’s drinking again a and hiding it in addiction to taking prescription pain medicine. He chose alcohol and opioids over 18 years of marriage. We have three children that still live at home. One has graduated and two still in high school. I am lost and angry and heartbroken. I should have left decades ago but thought he could stay sober but boy was I wrong. Starting over after so long is scary and I am lost not even wanting to deal with it. He’s leaving us with nothing and only debt and couldn’t care less. How could someone I thought I know be such a monster.

Re: Broken

I am sorry your going through this. I wrote a long post under My husband says he loves me, but is not in love with me below .i am the reply Linda. I hope you read it. It's not your fault what happened. Your husband needs help and won t get it. Stay strong, you will get through this. You have a beautiful different life ahead of you!!!

Thank you!

Have you tried Alanon? Divorce care is another great source for support. Please don't try to do this yourself. Reach out to others who are going through what you're going through. Wishing you the best.

Broken: My ex left after 21 years of marriage and was drinking at the end of it. See a Family Lawyer ASAP. Do whatever you have to do to get by. I went to the local Food Pantry and still shop at thrift shops. We learned we could not count on my ex for anything financially, especially in the beginning. He was older and also couldn't keep a job. I had one grown (18 yr. old college student) child when it happened. You'll get through it. Best wishes to you.