Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Life's a mess!

Hi I'm wondering if anyone's going through the same or has any advice, I have moved out of my home where my husband is still with our 2 children, my choice because I had an affair which I regret but just want things to go back to normal, my husband is angry and hardly speaking to me but whatever happens I need to see my children. I'm not sure what rights I have, i know I've done wrong but I can't loose everything if he's not willing to address our issues together, I feel so confused about the best thing to do for everyone and hate myself for destroying everything.

Re: Life's a mess!

Rose: You should set up, at least, visitation with your kids. I'd advise a consultation with a Family Lawyer.

Re: Life's a mess!

I’m so sorry you are going through this. Sounds like a rough situation for sure.

Just because you made a mistake, that doesn’t mean your husband gets to decide when or how often you get to see the children.

Ask your husband for time to discuss the kids...and how you will share custody during the separation. He may just need time. Maybe you both do. After some time, maybe you’ll both consider marriage counseling.

In the meantime, see your kids. If he is not letting you, that’s another story. He can’t do that. Find a family attorney or mediator that can help you during the separation. I am currently separated and have 50% custody for now... my husband and I worked out the arrangements without legal help.

Don’t give up!