Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Don't know what to do

My husband and I have been together for 11 years, married for 7. We got together when I was 19 and he was 20. There are a lot of other relationship details that might be relevant to get advice, but basically I began to feel like we were "standing still" two years ago. He wasn't ready to have kids or get a better job, but I had gone back to school to progress in my field and had major baby fever! So now, after going to counseling for two years, him getting another job, and agreeing to start trying to get pregnant, I don't feel happy about things. First of all, he doesn't seem to be wanting to get pregnant (he has avoided sex with me) and second of all, he constantly brings up all the flaws in our relationship. I feel like I am constantly convincing him to take the next step in life with me. I hate that feeling. Does anyone out there have advice?

Re: Don't know what to do

Yes, sit down and have an honest conversation with him. Keep talking until you either get to the bottom of both sides of the issue, or until you get an answer that you can move forward from. Good or bad.

I wish you luck.