Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Lonely

I am so lonely. I am sitting here in my home without my husband. I have always been supportive of him every time he was fired from a job. I have been consistently supporting the family for 6 years financially and I have been his driver as he hasn’t had a car until I purchased him one exactly a year ago and in less than 30 days he totaled it. 3 weeks ago he allowed his parents (primarily his father) to tell me how yo be a wife. I am capable of standing up for myself but I am so angry. I have blocked his calls and refused to speak to him when he has reached out via email. It’s literally day by day I am making it and the weekends are the toughest for me.

Re: Lonely

Hi Ashley,

I wanted to reach and say I understand a little of how that level of loneliness feels and it sounds like you are doing well by setting boundaries and acknowledging it isn't right to be treated that way. Loneliness can sometimes affect your resolve to stay strong, so keep reminding yourself loneliness may be temporary, but your current situation (if you didnt change it) may not be.

It sounds from your post like you work and I know for me, I feel very lonely saturdays (more so sundays) and although I dread going to work, I find I am a little thankful to be around people. I found that going to Walmart and target, just basically getting out, helped a little yesterday. Just feeling I accomplished something. I really didnt want to go out at all, but forced myself. It took my mind of my thoughts for a little while. I know its not the answer you are looking for, but I just wanted to let you know that I read your post and there are people out here listening to you and with you