Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Please help.. Need advise quick

Ok I was married for 17 years
Two children one under 18. We have 50/50
I live in FL
He is a airline pilot and makes $118k but will continue to go up each year
I don't have a degree. I was a stay at home mother for 16 years but since our split i started working full time making around $43K (Doubtful to make more)
He is 53 and I am 48.
We have no assets. I found out we owe the IRS $120k..
He has offered me $1275 for 6.5 years (this includes child support)
What do you all think?
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Re: Please help.. Need advise quick

That is not nearly enough to support you and your kids when I went through my divorce I was told I was going to have to pay my stupid ex husband almost $2, 700 a month and we had no children you need to get a good attorney and also make him pay for the attorney fees make you pay for everything you have been was called an extended marriage anything over 10 years he is responsible for do not let him walk all over you.

My ex-husband took advantage of me and I was fortunate enough because I made more money than him but he was going to take everything for me do not let him do that you have children so there's a big difference between alimony and child support if you want to contact me I can help you. I want you to be a strong woman because you sound like you are

Re: Please help.. Need advise quick

I don't know how I can give you my contact information without everyone else seeing it but I will help you if you need help. Do not let him take advantage of you.