Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Helping A Friend

Hi everyone!

So my friend is going through a divorce with his wife and let me tell you, it is terrible. He was in the Army for 20 years and married to his wife for 14. They have two kids together and she has done nothing but spend all the money he ever made to totaling to about $500k on useless stuff instead of bills. She has spent it on freshwater pearls, expensive vacations and basically on stuff except for their children. She also cheated on him with another man but vehemently denies it even though he has seen their messages and her family also knows about her infidelity. They had a joint account where she took all his money from his pension and paychecks and left him with MAYBE $200 for the whole month. They haven’t lived together for a few years now because she treats him like a foot stool and never wants to have sex with him. There have been times where she took all the money and left him with nothing so he couldn’t get to work and he had to beg money from his parents or me. He made a new checking account when his dad and I told him to and put his paychecks and pension there and when she found out, she flipped and threatened to call the White House VA on him to arrest him for “moving it without her consent” even though it is his money that he worked for. Now she is divorcing him after months and months of lying to him to try to get money from him to buy more pearls. The bank records show no money going towards the kids, just towards pearls. Her parents take care of the kids while she sits around the house (she lives at her parents) and goes to work. She makes way more than he does and yet she is demanding all his money in the divorce. What are his chances of being able to save what is his because if she manages to get that, he will be destitute! Help please!