Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Hey where did everyone go???

I finally left my spouse of 15 years having had enough of the lying and cheating. I never spoke a word to anyone about the truth of our marriage. Problem is I somehow thought I’d have the support of some friends who I have been close to for years and am struggling with how they are reacting to and treating me. I’m feeling so judged and am hearing the gossip going on but not the “how are you doing” genuine check ins. I just feel like I’m in the 1950’s with this mentality of “you’re crazy” to do this. Where are the women who support you and say screw him and help you pick up the pieces with support and love?!?!

Re: Hey where did everyone go???

Wow. I'm sorry that you're going through this. From the sound of your post, you're doing the right thing. Nobody deserves to be cheated on by their spouse and I applaud you for having the courage to leave. I have been fortunate to have people in my life who are supportive,even my soon-to-be ex's family. He didn't cheat (yet) but I know it's on his list of things to do as soon as we end our 27 year marriage. I haven't told anyone at work because I'm embarrassed and humiliated but I've found a decent amount of support from friends and family, in particular those that have gone through divorce. Good luck to you and stay strong.