Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Last Name

So I changed my name back to my maiden name after the divorce. And my kids still have their father’s name. They play sports. This involves Spiritwear. I really don’t like wearing his name as it feels like I’m still his possession but I want to support my kids and be identified as their mom.

Advice, please.

Tia

Re: Last Name

My husband filed for divorce 8 days ago. I have already decided that I will keep my married name for now for the sake of the kids and I am not ready to change everything and alert all my co-workers. I'm not looking at is as I'm his possession but that I am not ready to share and will do so in time and when it's convenient for me.

Re: Last Name

Hi there.... I decided to keep my married name as well because I've had this name for over 20 yrs. When I feel like I wish I didn't have the same last name as his new wife, I start thinking well you know what I've earned this **** name and if nothing else I get to keep it after the 20 years I gave him. That and I think it really irks him that I kept it...another positive! Best of luck :)