Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Inaccurate info in equitable fistribution hearing

My attorney continuously made errors w separation dates, financial documents i gave, yet was a flat fee, all i could afford at the time. I found out my equitable distribution hearing was rescheduled for the following day by my ex, i notified my attorney, who forgpt to notify me yet would not reschedule although we never went over paperwork in preparation. The day of she pressured me to agree even though it was far off then what she stated i would recieve previously, said if it went to trial, i may lose even the little i was to recieve. I never had a chance to even look at her adjustments, nor what my husband stated were his assets. In looking over paperwork, there are many errors. Do i have the option to now take this to trial after agreeing to the terms out of fear and not fully informed the day of ? I feel she just didnt want to continue due to a flat fee she agreed to from the start. I have been sick over this. I trusted her to have my best interest at heart. My ex pension was ridiculously low, never questioned by her, she had current account info after i gave her documents showing he cashed in cds, emptied joint accts and childrens college funds. She stated the college funds arent considered marital property, yet i contributed to them for 20 years. What are my options if any? Married 25 years, no spousal, no portion of pension. I am considering another attorney yet is it a moot point if i agreed that day.