Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Husband accessed pension early without my knowledge

Hi, I am a 62 year old housewife , my husband of 40 years has just been finished from his job, he is 6t years old, he has informed me that he can no longer pay the bills, mortgage etc, I asked him "what about your pension plan?" and he has now informed me that he accessed his pension early and the money is all gone(gambler), after searching his room whilst he was out, I discovered letters addressed to him, but at the home of his Mother(85) so clearly he has been deceitful, I am just wondering if anyone has experienced similar, and basically how will judge rule on the financial side, we have home worth roughly 130k with roughly 30k outstanding balance.

Re: Husband accessed pension early without my knowledge

This sounds complicated,however,it also sounds pretty easy to present to a judge with no problem.Are you seeking any assistance for this matter,as I would definitely like to learn more about the situation and if you are or will be working on a solution.

My name is Tom Lakes.I work with CustodyMattersUSA.We specialize in helping moms,dads,step-parents with great deal of legal admin support and newly or previously divorced parties with legal admin help to address issues resulting from a dissolution of marriage in few states throughout the U.S. I would love to review your case as it helps us understand your goals and desired results to mitigate the situation.Thank you in advance,Julie.

If our assistance is not needed.Please feel free to contact us in the future if you do need some assistance as we will be more than willing to take your call.Thank you again.

I was a housewife for half of my marriage and he earned quite a bit more than I did. He started putting a lot of money into retirement and didn't give me any money for two years prior to leaving. He was visiting strip club and Hooters after work and staying out very late. The house was paid for. The Judge gave me the house. Perhaps you could keep the house with the help of a responsible roommate if the Judge gives it to you. It seems he was financially abusive to you via the gambling. Best wishes.

p.s. He could also be hiding whatever money he has left. In
America, we have something called "Discovery" in which we have to reveal where the money is. My ex still had joint lines of credit open to benefit himself after the divorce and they appeared on my credit report. I had to shut all this down since we were divorced.