Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Temp Order

My name is not on the title or the mortgage of a home my husband bought. We are divorcing and the temp
Order states that I am responsible for the 1st mortgage and he will pay the 2nd mortgage. He did not tell the court the correct amount of the 2nd mortgage, normsisnhente or did he take the court
The correct amount of the 1st mortgage. The judge would not listen to my concerns. When I left the courthouse, I sent my ex a text requesting the last three statements so that I could determine the mortgage amount and pay it. He stated that he could not get them and to just send him the check. I told him I would not. After not receiving the statements, I packed up and moved. He’s now filed a contempt of court complaint against requesting jail time until I comply. The judge did order that he send me $400/month to help with the out which he only sent once then stopped. Do I still have to pay this since he has lived in the house since I moved out over two years ago?

Re: Temp Order

You need a Lawyer. He violated a court order by stopping the $4oo/month. Tell the Lawyer this and that he did not tell the Judge the correct amounts. Hopefully you have something in writing about these amounts. That will help a lot. I do not blame you for moving out. I hope that if you do not have kids together that you can cut ties with him. Usually a home is ordered sold when a divorce goes through unless there are good reasons for keeping it (I got to keep mine because I worked just part time while raising our daughter and became partially disabled in my early 40s.) Best wishes. Let us know how it goes. We do care.

Re: Temp Order

Hello, Dear Julie

Sad to hear from your story. May I get to know you ? Thanks

Do you able to add my mobile app contact ?

Cheers