Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
My Ex husband plans on taking the kids by making me fall for unpaid taxes and possible jail sentence

I am very recently devorced. But this is not the issue. The issue is that my husband started a business in my name, we were not married at the time. He operated and controlled everything.when a payment was to be done he would instruct me. Even the bank account is in my name. He does Refrigeration. Now the business owes unpaid taxes. Reason for devorce was adultery with me being the in the wrong. I had no layer represent. He asked me not to fight it and agree to tell the court we were living apart for 2 years, if I did not he said he would make sure I lost the kids. Afraid and ashamed I agreed.
I have since discovered it has been his plan to punish me all along. He has his side covered leagally and now I stand to face jail time and loosing custody of our two children. On paper everything is in my name. He could not start the business in his name because he was on a work permit and I was on a residence permit. So on paper I owned the business and he worked for me. Please help please

Re: My Ex husband plans on taking the kids by making me fall for unpaid taxes and possible jail sent

Nicole
I am very recently devorced. But this is not the issue. The issue is that my husband started a business in my name, we were not married at the time. He operated and controlled everything.when a payment was to be done he would instruct me. Even the bank account is in my name. He does Refrigeration. Now the business owes unpaid taxes. Reason for devorce was adultery with me being the in the wrong. I had no layer represent. He asked me not to fight it and agree to tell the court we were living apart for 2 years, if I did not he said he would make sure I lost the kids. Afraid and ashamed I agreed.
I have since discovered it has been his plan to punish me all along. He has his side covered leagally and now I stand to face jail time and loosing custody of our two children. On paper everything is in my name. He could not start the business in his name because he was on a work permit and I was on a residence permit. So on paper I owned the business and he worked for me. Please help please
He went on and took all the money from the same business and used it to start another business this time in both our names (this was a few months before the devorce) he had control of all internet banking so he would use this to buy all equipment needed for the new company. After the devorce (3 months after he left) he asked me to sign over my shares of the new company. Please understand, I have never demanded anything from our marriage after the devorce because I feel like he worked so hard for it and what I did to him, how could i demand anything? I was a house wife but on paper I was a director. Everything falls so neatly in his court. Is this a common thing that happens to other woman? Where the husbands use all this against thier ex and do they always win?